Sponsored

Clutch problems

TZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang RS3
Town & Country Ford, still didn't make a dif in my case tho!
Sponsored

Sponsored

Jeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT in Grabber Blue w/ Black Accent Pkg (6 speed); '06 GT in Torch Red (5 speed)
This is why I took my car in at 6k with bad vibrations when pushing in clutch to shift. They sent me away saying normal characteristics for this platform and if anything gets worse its documented. I'm at 13k, now I have a high pitch noise with rattle clutch engaged along with some slipping in higher gears on an incline along with occasional first gear clutch chatter. Can't wait for it to go.
Any update on your situation / resolution? Having exact same symptoms on my 2017 GT at 9.2k mi and so I'm quite curious how it played out for you.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Hey Jeepers. This was quite a while ago so ill try and keep it simple.

At 19k i convinced the service manager to replace my tob, pilot bearing. While in there he decided the back lash on the tranny was no good . He got Ford to replace my tranny as well. He also told me that my clutch had half life left ( weird at 19k miles) but it wasnt covered under warranty.

I paid to have a new clutch and flywheel. So basically everything new from the tranny back. After breakin of 1000miles i noticed my clutch pedal still had bad vibes around 1500 rpms during disengagment. Shifting degraded a bit during that period as well. It was butter smooth in the beginning.

Took it in tranny tech told me the vibes were from the cams in the engine. That it was reverberation. He said it was documented and if anything happens it will be covered.

Im at 32k miles and its all still there doing the same. The shifts are still notchy, vibs at 1500rpm but it drives. I just beat the living shit out of it in the mean time.

REDFOX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang S550 GT, 2003 Protege5, 1993 Probe GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll add mine to the list mine let go the exact same way
So this is how it basically went down.

3 days ago its in the shop: Service Rep "So we found clutch fibers in your clutch which means worn clutch and since Ford doesn't cover worn parts warranty won't be applied and it will be 1500 out of pocket" I argue with the fact that how do they even know its the clutch fault and ask how much it would cost to do a diagnosis.

2 days ago: Service rep calls back and tells me it will be 500 dollars to do the diagnosis. I get ford involved and open up a case with them to make sure they have everything documented as well. They tell me the only way we can find out what the problem is, is if they go ahead with the diagnosis. I authorize it.

Today: Service rep tells me its a worn clutch. I couldn't go see it in person so I request pictures to be sent to me. He tells me its worn so ford warranty will not cover it. I don't understand how driving normally would cause this much destruction to the clutch. Tomorrow I will talk to him in person but as of now he is not budging. Even called ford to see if they could do anything, and basically all they said was whatever the technician who diagnosed it says goes.

So this is where I am at right now. Ford will not warranty it.
I'll add mine to the list, let go the exact same way about two weeks ago @ 35k. Time for upgrades.
20190529_165030.jpg

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
Add me to the list. Mine let go at 39k though. I thought it was mostly due to the fact that I have the roush 727 supercharger on it. Wen`t with the Spec stage 3+ in hopes it could hold the power. All good so far after 3k mile on it.
In the pic only one side was gone. The flywheel side was still intact
IMG_0369.JPG

Sponsored

REDFOX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang S550 GT, 2003 Protege5, 1993 Probe GT
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list. Mine let go at 39k though. I thought it was mostly due to the fact that I have the roush 727 supercharger on it. Wen`t with the Spec stage 3+ in hopes it could hold the power. All good so far after 3k mile on it.
In the pic only one side was gone. The flywheel side was still intact
IMG_0369.JPG
I was told that my shifting points are too high for everyday driving normally shifting between 4k and 5k rpms possibly superheatimg the clutch. After I install the Exedy Mach 500 and new oem flywheel I suppose I will correct my shift points.

Jeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT in Grabber Blue w/ Black Accent Pkg (6 speed); '06 GT in Torch Red (5 speed)
Thanks for the update. My car has 20k on the odometer and I've finally arrived at failure.

Took the car into my local Ford dealership on a Friday, complaining of clutch pedal sticking and muddy brake fluid. They advised that they could not replicate the clutch pedal sticking, but did hear a bit of spinning noise when the clutch pedal was pressed. So apparently muddy brake fluid at 20,000 mi is a wear item, so I was charged $300 to flush the system.

Two days later on the Wednesday, car breaks down hydraulic fluid leaking everywhere, have to get it towed to the dealership. They advised that they'll need to pull the transmission to look at everything. Come to find out, five days later, there was an aftermarket clutch installed.

I was also advised that the throwout bearing "exploded" and the service manager had never seen that before.

So I am still waiting to hear back from him, he says that he doesn't have the tools to pull the clutch out but he can tell that it's an aftermarket one from looking up inside.

It is sounding like the throwout bearing will not be covered under warranty due to the aftermarket clutch. Is that correct? I have Ford Premium care extended warranty, the top of line one FWIW.
Sponsored