OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Ok so some interesting info I found on a log. I'm getting a lot of false knock in a few cyl mostly 7-5-6 on e85. It would appear that it is false knock from my motor mounts as it is happening at idle and 3-4500rpm. This may explain why I'm slow. Cyl 7 is showing up to 8 counts of knock.
Sponsored

Gearhead26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
what headers? seems like alot of people are having false knock issues with headers or something is hitting them.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Ok so some interesting info I found on a log. I'm getting a lot of false knock in a few cyl mostly 7-5-6 on e85. It would appear that it is false knock from my motor mounts as it is happening at idle and 3-4500rpm. This may explain why I'm slow. Cyl 7 is showing up to 8 counts of knock.
I recently got some false knock also on E85. I think there were two factors. 1. the car wheel hopped on a run. 2. after the wheel hop I believe where the braces mount was close to the exhaust and hitting. I trimmed the braces and no false knock on the street. I haven't been back to the track yet.....
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
thats weird is the intake hitting the hood or firewall somewhere?
Nope nothing is hitting. I've reached out to some big name tuners and they confirmed the know is a constant fight with aftermarket mounts.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I recently got some false knock also on E85. I think there were two factors. 1. the car wheel hopped on a run. 2. after the wheel hop I believe where the braces mount was close to the exhaust and hitting. I trimmed the braces and no false knock on the street. I haven't been back to the track yet.....
Nice job looks good

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
800 for cams and 1000 to install cams, opg , clutch , ds loop and some other things. Cams really only cost me 200$ to install because I was doing opg anyway and that was 500$ install fee. It was a good deal because that included all the misc parts and fluids. Even a new radiator hose. I've probably got 3500 total in to this. Still thousands less than a Paxton that I don't want.
Damn that's a steal on install. That's cool that you don't want a paxton, no need to talk shit. I'd rather go fast.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Damn that's a steal on install. That's cool that you don't want a paxton, no need to talk shit. I'd rather go fast.
Yea pretty good deal considering shops want 18hrs or so for that.
Not taking shit just saying we all don't have same goals.
My car is setup for a road course so adding 50+ lbs to the front doesn't make sense.

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
"09jsw" Ill shoot you a comparison dyno sheet with the gt350 setup in a few weeks when i get home, i didnt get a chance to get numbers before i left for work again. Im not sure what you were running beforehand but i can tell you mine is night and day smoother and pulls much harder then it did with the lund tune.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Yeah, I plan on just trimming the hood if I go cobra jet. I don't want to make the exhaust or anything else lower, close to the steering shaft, etc. I like the idea of a lower center of gravity but not at the expense of false knock or any other clearance issues.
Sponsored