Tune issue possibly

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2020 LFP Mustang GT
Twice in 5 months I've thrown codes p0172 and p0175 both banks rich. Checked my exhaust for leaks. No soot found.... running a mmr cold air intake which the tuner states no tune required. On the exhaust side I'm still Factory mostly except xpipe added and mufflers replaced with magnaflow. Pipes are still stock. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I did a test some time ago using different filtering elements on a stock size MAF....the one included with the MMR is too small for the coyote, I tried the exact filter included with the kit....If you datalog or even use an OBD scanner that will display fuel trims, you will see the same thing I saw...negative fuel trims higher than -10% indicating your engine is not getting enough airflow, and if high enough will trip those codes that you are seeing

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I did a test some time ago using different filtering elements on a stock size MAF....the one included with the MMR is too small for the coyote, I tried the exact filter included with the kit....If you datalog or even use an OBD scanner that will display fuel trims, you will see the same thing I saw...negative fuel trims higher than -10% indicating your engine is not getting enough airflow, and if high enough will trip those codes that you are seeing

+1.

Those intakes are like sucking air through a straw. The stock airbox will work better.

OP
OP
Comporange93611

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Switched to stock. On the provided tune I got a p0301 code so I went back to the stock tune and installed a jlt intake with new tune. I just had surgery so waiting on a test pilot lol.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Switched to stock. On the provided tune I got a p0301 code so I went back to the stock tune and installed a jlt intake with new tune. I just had surgery so waiting on a test pilot lol.
Sweet! Let us know how you like the new intake and tune.

OP
OP
Comporange93611

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
So far so good. Had my brother test drive it. And changed my modified stock exhaust for an mmd side exit... loud as hell but beastly.
Sponsored