Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Personally, I don't believe it is truly possible to "have it all", i.e. quiet when you want, or not, or inside versus outside, etc.

I will probably get a Borla front muffler again. Then put it on for vacay with the wife, and switch back to X-pipe for everyday.

I am glad that Ford offers a switchable exhaust for the 2018. The refresh is really checking off my want list:
Loud/quiet exhaust
Firm/soft suspension
10-speed auto means no more compromising of diff ratio selection
Digital dash easier to read in all modes
Rear wing looks good and is hopefully dialed-in in the wind tunnel (The car is too exciting when braking hard from >100mph)​
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I don't believe it is truly possible to "have it all", i.e. quiet when you want, or not, or inside versus outside, etc.

I will probably get a Borla front muffler again. Then put it on for vacay with the wife, and switch back to X-pipe for everyday.

I am glad that Ford offers a switchable exhaust for the 2018. The refresh is really checking off my want list:
Loud/quiet exhaust
Firm/soft suspension
10-speed auto means no more compromising of diff ratio selection
Digital dash easier to read in all modes
Rear wing looks good and is hopefully dialed-in in the wind tunnel (The car is too exciting when braking hard from >100mph)​
I didn't think so either, but can't deny the evidence. Is it as quiet as a dual mode would be? No, not quite, but not far off at low throttle either. It's hardly noticeable on the highway/expressway until you downshift and get on it.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I didn't think so either, but can't deny the evidence. Is it as quiet as a dual mode would be? No, not quite, but not far off at low throttle either. It's hardly noticeable on the highway/expressway until you downshift and get on it.
I hear this testimony all the time on this forum.
But the fact is, it is difficult to satisfy two completely different people.

How loud do you have to go to drown out a complaining wife?
And what will you hear after you arrive, switch off, and get out?

Answer: Only the wife. :doh:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I hear this testimony all the time on this forum.
But the fact is, it is difficult to satisfy two completely different people.

How loud do you have to go to drown out a complaining wife?
And what will you hear after you arrive, switch off, and get out?

Answer: Only the wife. :doh:
Guess you'll have to get some first-hand experience then :). The wife complained about the old exhaust setup but is fine with what I've got now.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Guess you'll have to get some first-hand experience then :). The wife complained about the old exhaust setup but is fine with what I've got now.
I went from SLP LM2 on Borla front muffler, to SLP with X-pipe, and that +6dB was just enough to put her over the edge.

We are going on vacation 800 miles away, and even I would like to tone it down for that trip, plus bring back Sirius subscription.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I went from SLP LM2 on Borla front muffler, to SLP with X-pipe, and that +6dB was just enough to put her over the edge.

We are going on vacation 800 miles away, and even I would like to tone it down for that trip, plus bring back Sirius subscription.
Having not experienced the SLP LM2, it's hard for me to say how loud it is inside vs. say, Corsa. I know it's basically the Roush AB with packing, so not a subtle muffler, but not obnoxious either. I know similar exterior volume Borla products (S-type catback) are much louder inside than mine, probably twice as loud, despite having no actual drone.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
with the windows up, the cabin is pretty tightly sealed on these new cars, the sport at cruising will be very tame, and the extreme isn't bad either.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Having not experienced the SLP LM2, it's hard for me to say how loud it is inside vs. say, Corsa. I know it's basically the Roush AB with packing, so not a subtle muffler, but not obnoxious either. I know similar exterior volume Borla products (S-type catback) are much louder inside than mine, probably twice as loud, despite having no actual drone.
Also, let's not forget that my back seat will be folded down for more room, and that right there increases the interior exhaust sound level.

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
with the windows up, the cabin is pretty tightly sealed on these new cars, the sport at cruising will be very tame, and the extreme isn't bad either.
Do you guys ship to Europe?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score