Sponsored

Might I ask for a little help. TT or super charger??

tra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby
Hi everyone and thanks in advance.

I am wanting to increase the HP of my 2016 gr350 but I know very little about the subject.

I think that 800 HP would be a fun power level.

So here is the deal. I am not looking to spends tons on this project so no engine tear downs. Is it possible to have a mild budget and achieve 800 HP_ish?

If it is possible what is better TT or Supercharger and Why?

Can I do this myself or is it advised to take it to a shop. I am mildly mechanical..

Any and all info would help

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

tra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby
Oh ya my other option is to wait and see what the gt500 comes out with. TT? I hope.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
There is not much info out there on GT350s with forced induction. A TT setup would probably be better. Getting 800hp from a coyote is pretty well documented and may be a better way to go unless you just want to be different. Everything about the GT500 or equivalent is pure speculation at this point right down to its existence.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Define mild budget. If you're so so mechanically inclined, take it to a shop. No clue where the real weak failure point is for the engine. Could be 800HP, could be 900, could be 1200, could be 527 for all well know. Turbo kits will ALWAYS be moe expensive and ALWAYS a harder install and ALWAYS more invasive into the engine bay and exhaust. Why 800 HP?

OP
OP

tra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby
Define mild budget. If you're so so mechanically inclined, take it to a shop. No clue where the real weak failure point is for the engine. Could be 800HP, could be 900, could be 1200, could be 527 for all well know. Turbo kits will ALWAYS be moe expensive and ALWAYS a harder install and ALWAYS more invasive into the engine bay and exhaust. Why 800 HP?

Why 800? It would be faster than the Hell kitty and maybe faster then the Demon.

I read about a forced induction project the other day that was done at home but cant find the article now.

Price wise maybe $6000.00 to $8000.00

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
No, neither and no. Enjoy that car the way it is. If you wanted 800 hp why didn't you buy just a gt than you could of easily afford a good reliable FI set up installed by a good speed shop that would do everything you need to support a 800 hp
build with money left over?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
FI on the GT350 is still relatively new territory, not too many cars out there yet. I would suggest giving a phone call to beefcake racing to discuss your goals and see what price point you are looking at for the kits.

800hp (crank hp) can be achieved with a GT350 specific Procharger kit, and will be at the lower end of the FI kit prices.

Here is one done by a shop out in NJ:

[ame]

You may also want to factor in billet oil pump gears and crank sprocket. Whilst this is a hot topic that people like to debate over, bottom line is they are a known weak component (both use powdered steel), so its up to you if you want to run the risk of losing the engine if either of those parts fail.

$6k-$8k is low for the complete upgrade. A basic Procharger tuner kit with no fuelling or tune runs for around $6k, so add on top the injectors, handheld tuner, custom tune, OPG's etc...it will be a costly endeavour.

Again, contact Terry at Beefcake Racing and he will give you the low down on your options. He is a forum sponsor and a very popular FI vendor.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you wanted a Hellcat killer specifically, I would have just bought a used GTR and built that up. But it's not my GT350R...unfortunately.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

I am wanting to increase the HP of my 2016 gr350 but I know very little about the subject.

So here is the deal. I am not looking to spends tons on this project so no engine tear downs. Is it possible to have a mild budget and achieve 800 HP_ish?

Can I do this myself or is it advised to take it to a shop. I am mildly mechanical..

Thanks
If you dont want to tear down the engine do not touch it. TT or SC you might have issues. Im sure some of the builds have already gone through engines.

So no. I/H/E tune. Stop there!

Based on your questions you dont have the experience to install your self and you will be a the mercy of a shop.

To answer your question generally a Turbo is always better the a SC. But SCs are easier to package and dont generate as much heat under the hood.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Thanks
we have the vortech, procharger, or hellion kits available.

all 3 make a tuner kit, or a complete kit that you can bolt on and install in your garage, hit me up with any questions you have

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If your motor blows, can you handle the cost? The motor is over $20,000 not including labor. If that amount doesnt make you lose sleep at night, I wish you good luck because I like to see others push the limits on the motor. But if $20k means a lot to you, but youre praying the motor holds, youre doing it wrong.

OP
OP

tra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby
If your motor blows, can you handle the cost? The motor is over $20,000 not including labor. If that amount doesnt make you lose sleep at night, I wish you good luck because I like to see others push the limits on the motor. But if $20k means a lot to you, but youre praying the motor holds, youre doing it wrong.

True. I wouldnt want to blow my engine.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
For what its worth...

I toured Hennessy Motorsports and they have worked on a couple GT350s. With any FI, they are pulling and building up the engine internals first. I believe they are lowering the compression slightly prior to the FI.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
For what its worth...

I toured Hennessy Motorsports and they have worked on a couple GT350s. With any FI, they are pulling and building up the engine internals first. I believe they are lowering the compression slightly prior to the FI.
Do some research on Hennessy before you give him any money.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sponsored