Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The auto off feature works well, you will love it then. No issues at all so far. The only thing that bothers me is when in normal mode anyway, just getting going, before engine is totally warmed up. If you gas it just a tad..I mean touch the gas, it wants to get thru 3 gears right away, even if you let up on the throttle. You'll see what I mean. In tight situations it could have a devastating effect for a few people.
In normal mode it fights to get to 10th gear as fast as possible. In other words it will run to 10th gear before it gets40 mph if your easy on the throttle. It skips gears too. It hardly ever runs second in normal mode. I am finding myself always using the paddles. Which is fun and interactive I suppose, but shouldn't be needed. I have a feeling before it's all said and done a revised tune will be made for the tranny.
I appreciate the info. Who would of thought, I'm back to the waiting game with Ford once again...
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Supposedly FP has a tune coming... maybe it wil address the shifting as well.
They will probably have a revised tune thru the dealer someday I'm sure, but yeah, I'd like to get that tune.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Took delivery of mine today.
IMG_0882.JPG

Last edited:

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Ha, in fact I considered the Raptor long before i even contemplated on the GT350. I pulled the trigger on the Shelby on the spot becuase I found a good dealer in Germany that was willing to sell me the GT350 without VAT and the car was available on the spot and was fully loaded AND the fact that Raptors offerings are still scarce in Europe.

Still haven't found a Raptor that's loaded and configured as I would have liked. As soon as I find one at a decent price, I'll buy it.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Anyone doing any trails this year? A LandCruiser buddy of mine and I are planning a couple of trail rides and family trips this year.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Mine is on a train from Ford. Should have sometime next week

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just beginning my search since I've talked the wife unit into a Raptor (booyah!) :D

Hoping to order a 2018 model. Anyone getting below MSRP yet? Thinking of trying out mid-west and doing a courtesy delivery.

Last edited:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Mine is shifting smoothly. In any mode. Can't say I have any issues with the truck. Hate start/stop, but I've trained myself well to hit that button after every start.

What I do have an issue with is the tires. The new KO2s suck. Still not balanced right. Hearing from my local Discount Tire that about 50% go back for vibration issues. Think I'm just going to buy some Nittos.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Only about 100 miles away as of this afternoon. Been waiting since October! I've been nothing but impressed with my 14. I beat the piss out of it and has never skipped a beat. Only thing that ever broke on it was a windshield from a decent size rock on the highway. Can't wait to keep that going on the 17. I'll miss the v8 sound for sure but everything else besides sound is an upgrade.

802A Avalanche Grey. Orange interior accents, heated steering wheel and 2nd row. Nothing else.

Mine is shifting smoothly. In any mode. Can't say I have any issues with the truck. Hate start/stop, but I've trained myself well to hit that button after every start.

What I do have an issue with is the tires. The new KO2s suck. Still not balanced right. Hearing from my local Discount Tire that about 50% go back for vibration issues. Think I'm just going to buy some Nittos.
My K02s on my G1 raptor shake intermittently almost. I've had them road force balanced etc and everything else except the beads. Better but not perfect. I just ordered a set of Method roosts in 18x9 and some toyos. A lot of G2 raptor guys comment on the tires and everyone I know personally with a truck or jeep on K02s say the same thing. They can't 100% balance them. Otherwise they've been excellent tires
Sponsored