Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Anyone get phase 2 installed and have dyno numbers by chance? And can you also let me know if you have the vmp heat exchanger and Roush's calibration?
Sponsored

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt Supercharged
Phase 2 numbers

Anyone get phase 2 installed and have dyno numbers by chance? And can you also let me know if you have the vmp heat exchanger and Roush's calibration?
Just got my car back today and the numbers for my phase 2 upgrade and they where lower than my phase 1!!!!

Car was on dyno with phase 1 and they left it on the dyno and installed the upgrade then re dynoed it again. The numbers are below.

Phase 1: 546 hp 493 torque

Phase 2: 548 hp 473 torque

What a waste of money and time. I will be contacting Roush to see what is the deal.

The guys at the shop that did the install and dyno said the timing in the tune is way low.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
^ I am going to guess heat was the issue.

Run a TVS car hard, then shut down and sit....it heat soaks BIG TIME.

Once that heat soaks in, it will make less and less power from pulling timing.

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
^ I am going to guess heat was the issue.

Run a TVS car hard, then shut down and sit....it heat soaks BIG TIME.

Once that heat soaks in, it will make less and less power from pulling timing.
It is hot in Houston But the phase 2 upgrade was done after the phase 1 dyno was ran. The install for the phase 2 parts at least have to take a few hours to install so it should of been cooled down.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Wow man, that's pretty weird. Definitely doesn't sound right at all. I was making 601rwhp and 500rwtq on Phase 1 with Roush's calibration for the 670hp update or whatever. Just finished installing Phase 2, added a VMP heat exchanger, and also went with an aftermarket tune (lund).

Car runs absolutely perfect and the loss of power that I feel sometimes is definitely related to the heat out here. I can drive the car for awhile during cooler nights and it still feels great. Today with it being 100 degrees outside, I tried to merge into a lane after sitting in stop and go traffic for 15 minutes and it felt like a bus trying to get on it a bit.

Going to an event tomorrow with a few forum members and can't wait to see what I'll be putting down.

Keep us posted on your troubleshooting process [MENTION=24084]davidryan1987[/MENTION] if that's cool.

Sponsored

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wow man, that's pretty weird. Definitely doesn't sound right at all. I was making 601rwhp and 500rwtq on Phase 1 with Roush's calibration for the 670hp update or whatever. Just finished installing Phase 2, added a VMP heat exchanger, and also went with an aftermarket tune (lund).

Car runs absolutely perfect and the loss of power that I feel sometimes is definitely related to the heat out here. I can drive the car for awhile during cooler nights and it still feels great. Today with it being 100 degrees outside, I tried to merge into a lane after sitting in stop and go traffic for 15 minutes and it felt like a bus trying to get on it a bit.

Going to an event tomorrow with a few forum members and can't wait to see what I'll be putting down.

Keep us posted on your troubleshooting process [MENTION=24084]davidryan1987[/MENTION] if that's cool.
Will do let us know what you put down also.

How much trouble was the aftermarket tune?

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Actually, your Phase I #'s seen on the low side. But dyno runs can be affected by so many varibles.

Here's what Brenspeed pulled on their install:

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Will do let us know what you put down also.

How much trouble was the aftermarket tune?
Will do! Honestly the aftermarket tune was extremely easy. You just buy an ngauge, and Lund sends you an email with instructions -- rev the car to 2500, 3500, 4500, send them logs. They send you a tune revision and on to the next step. It's actually pretty fun too. Gives you a reason to go WOT lol.

Also when you have questions they're responding to you within a matter of minutes for the most part. No need to call anyone.

Again, very easy. Going to lose the warranty with Roush but eh. Already losing part of it anyway if you bought it for phase 1 and plan to upgrade.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just got my car back today and the numbers for my phase 2 upgrade and they where lower than my phase 1!!!!
Car was on dyno with phase 1 and they left it on the dyno and installed the upgrade then re dynoed it again. The numbers are below.
Phase 1: 546 hp 493 torque
Phase 2: 548 hp 473 torque
What a waste of money and time. I will be contacting Roush to see what is the deal. The guys at the shop that did the install and dyno said the timing in the tune is way low.
Wow,....something is definitely wrong. :tsk:
What shop did the install? I "assume" it was a Ford Dealership for them to download the tune from Roush. The only other ones I know of that can tune the Roushcharger is VMP and Ken Bjonnes, (Palm Beach Tuning).

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wow,....something is definitely wrong. :tsk:
What shop did the install? I "assume" it was a Ford Dealership for them to download the tune from Roush. The only other ones I know of that can tune the Roushcharger is VMP and Ken Bjonnes, (Palm Beach Tuning).
Psi motor sports in Webster Texas.

They did use the Roush voucher and downloaded the tune. Weird thing is same car as mine was in there for the same upgrade and did the same thing. His hp was around 580.

Thinking about getting the Lund tune but need to do some more reading up on it.

Sponsored

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Will do! Honestly the aftermarket tune was extremely easy. You just buy an ngauge, and Lund sends you an email with instructions -- rev the car to 2500, 3500, 4500, send them logs. They send you a tune revision and on to the next step. It's actually pretty fun too. Gives you a reason to go WOT lol.

Also when you have questions they're responding to you within a matter of minutes for the most part. No need to call anyone.

Again, very easy. Going to lose the warranty with Roush but eh. Already losing part of it anyway if you bought it for phase 1 and plan to upgrade.
I'm guessing you can use the sct tuner vs the Nguage? Do you find yourself using that guage for anything else except loading the tune?

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Actually, your Phase I #'s seen on the low side. But dyno runs can be affected by so many varibles.

Here's what Brenspeed pulled on their install:

They may be a little on the low side the shop said beacuse the 3.31 gear swap I did in my car and the Roush tune speed limiting the car to 150 mph. They say they do the dyno in 5th gear so I'm guessing it maxed out at 6000 at the 150 on dyno.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They may be a little on the low side the shop said beacuse the 3.31 gear swap I did in my car and the Roush tune speed limiting the car to 150 mph. They say they do the dyno in 5th gear so I'm guessing it maxed out at 6000 at the 150 on dyno.
Not to be insulting, but did you adjust the RDT for the 3:31's when you layed down the tune?

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Not to be insulting, but did you adjust the RDT for the 3:31's when you layed down the tune?
Rdt?

If you are referring to using the whipple tool to change the gear ratio in to computer them yes.

Anyone have any pros or cons on either the Lund vs vmp tune?

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
RDT is the Roush tool used to lay down their tune & it needs to know the correct gear ratio as well.
Sponsored