Sponsored

Borla Catback Touring Exhaust review

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I have stock mufflers with resonator delete hpipe... It sounds good but I want slightly more volume without drone. Should I just throw on axle back S type mufflers with my hpipe or do the full touring cat back with borla silencer?
FYI, I installed American thunder axle back on my hpipe a and the drone was so bad that I took them off within a weekend!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Hpipe with Borla S-Types would sound sweet IMO. I'm thinking of going that route.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if there is any drone like American thunders

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the FRPP/Borla GT350 cat backs with the X-pipe. It sounded great, but was too loud for my daily driver. Also it got raspy at higher revs. So I added the Borla center resonator, and now its perfect. Still has the same deep tone and all, but not as loud...and zero raspiness. The Borla resonator is shorter and lighter than the factory resonator, but I can't say how the sound compares.
saw your post and had a question.. I purchased the borla S type exhaust and having issues with volume and raspiness.. especially on the hwy (5th/6th gear) when accelerating or throttle there is a constant noise that wears on me. I want a fairly quiet ride on long highway drives...I purchased the borla resonator but have not installed it yet. I am hesitant because once I install it it is mine.. and I will need to sell it with the system if I switch exhausts. Also.. do you still get the pops and gurgles that you get with the sport?? Just an FYI... mine is not the ford racing borla but the borla s direcdt from borla...Your input would be appreciated.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The resonator brings the inside volume way down and it still gargles and pops too. It's a very muscle car tough exhaust sound, I get many many compliments.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The resonator brings the inside volume way down and it still gargles and pops too. It's a very muscle car tough exhaust sound, I get many many compliments.
thanks for the reply.. very hard to tell with the online videos from Borla... How is it on the highway is the volume level acceptable? That is my biggest struggle now... sounds like chewbaca is riding shotgun....

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Very acceptable! I had a flow master American thunder on for about 24 hours before ripping it off cause of the horrible drone , went to the Borla touring and it's the perfect balance for the gt, imo

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Selling a virtually new Borla Touring btw for $900 USD plus negotiable shipping from Toronto, Canada (box is 60 lbs, 53"x 20 x 11 if you want to price it out yourself).

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Very acceptable! I had a flow master American thunder on for about 24 hours before ripping it off cause of the horrible drone , went to the Borla touring and it's the perfect balance for the gt, imo
awesome, thanks for the input. I have the borla resonator, just need to install it in place of the s-type X pipe and see how it goes.....

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
My Borla Touring catback should arrive sometime next week.
Can't wait to hear it on the car!
Thank you Terry from Team Beefcake Racing!!

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
saw your post and had a question.. I purchased the borla S type exhaust and having issues with volume and raspiness.. especially on the hwy (5th/6th gear) when accelerating or throttle there is a constant noise that wears on me. I want a fairly quiet ride on long highway drives...I purchased the borla resonator but have not installed it yet. I am hesitant because once I install it it is mine.. and I will need to sell it with the system if I switch exhausts. Also.. do you still get the pops and gurgles that you get with the sport?? Just an FYI... mine is not the ford racing borla but the borla s direcdt from borla...Your input would be appreciated.
Unfortunately you can't have it all in this case. You lose some of the crackles while maintaining the burbles. I've had mine on now for 10k miles or so and it's settled in quite well. Has a great presence without being annoying. On the highway it's very pleasant but still quite noticeable. I can't imagine it being louder now. And when you get on it the thing sings. Maybe a bit refined but definitely muscle. Nice deep cold start and idle. I think you'd do yourself a favor by dropping the resonator in. Borla adds the resonator to the s-type to make it touring.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately you can't have it all in this case. You lose some of the crackles while maintaining the burbles. I've had mine on now for 10k miles or so and it's settled in quite well. Has a great presence without being annoying. On the highway it's very pleasant but still quite noticeable. I can't imagine it being louder now. And when you get on it the thing sings. Maybe a bit refined but definitely muscle. Nice deep cold start and idle. I think you'd do yourself a favor by dropping the resonator in. Borla adds the resonator to the s-type to make it touring.
thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!..It' s a good feeling to be happy with your exhaust on these types of vehicles... i can't wait to finally settle on something.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Selling a virtually new Borla Touring btw for $900 USD plus negotiable shipping from Toronto, Canada (box is 60 lbs, 53"x 20 x 11 if you want to price it out yourself).
did you not like it?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!..It' s a good feeling to be happy with your exhaust on these types of vehicles... i can't wait to finally settle on something.
Agreed. Took me four iterations to be happy.
Sponsored