Borla Catback Touring Exhaust review

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
I just bought my 2016 GT Premium in Silver on 4/4/16. Two weeks into owning it and 400 miles later, I was going back and forth listening online to different exhausts. I narrowed it down to the Borla Touring Catback and the Borla S type Catback. I ended up getting the Touring and I am very happy with the way it sounds. There is no raspiness and it is nice and deep and gets loud enough when you step on it. If you are between the two but do not want it to be ridiculously loud, go with the touring and you will be very happy. Just thought I'd share a review in case anyone else is struggling with a decision. The sounds online do not do it justice. You have to hear how good it sounds in person.
Sponsored

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Good to hear! Thats the catback I plan on going with when my car comes in. I figure if I didnt think it was loud enough, it would be when some longtubes go on.

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Hyland33, if it's not loud enough for you, you can replace the Borla Resonator with an X or H pipe. The mufflers on the Touring and the Stype are identical. It's just the resonator or x pipe that is different. You are going to love that car when you get it!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I just bought my 2016 GT Premium in Silver on 4/4/16. Two weeks into owning it and 400 miles later, I was going back and forth listening online to different exhausts. I narrowed it down to the Borla Touring Catback and the Borla S type Catback. I ended up getting the Touring and I am very happy with the way it sounds. There is no raspiness and it is nice and deep and gets loud enough when you step on it. If you are between the two but do not want it to be ridiculously loud, go with the touring and you will be very happy. Just thought I'd share a review in case anyone else is struggling with a decision. The sounds online do not do it justice. You have to hear how good it sounds in person.
So was the Borla S louder ?

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the S is louder. I did not hear it in person but the difference is the S has an X pipe and the Touring has a Borla Resonator.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Only getting the axleback S but it sounds nice

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that will sound good! The Borla exhaust has a nice sound. You will enjoy it!

Erolst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015 black
I wanted Borla Touring catback. I finally just bought Borla S-Type axle back and kept my OEM resonator to save money. I' m pretty sure that it sounds like Borla Touring Catback.

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
I installed the FRPP/Borla GT350 cat backs with the X-pipe. It sounded great, but was too loud for my daily driver. Also it got raspy at higher revs. So I added the Borla center resonator, and now its perfect. Still has the same deep tone and all, but not as loud...and zero raspiness. The Borla resonator is shorter and lighter than the factory resonator, but I can't say how the sound compares.
1462970906.IMG_6564.jpg

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have the borla touring as well but sometimes i wish it give me a little bit more volume! One way is to combine with headers. I wonder how will it sound if u put a straight pipe at the end of the resonator all the way to the back.

Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
I will be installing axel back ford racing touring mufflers with stainless works long tube headers with cats into into the factory resonator on my next weekend. Hope it stays on the quite side but get slightly more bark then stock. Also doing Airraid CAI, gt 350 intake and TB, and dyno tune. Cannot wait to get it all togetherI

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Kenbike, let me know how you like that CAI and intake. I plan to do that as my next mod! The Ford Racing mufflers are nice!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I will be installing axel back ford racing touring mufflers with stainless works long tube headers with cats into into the factory resonator on my next weekend. Hope it stays on the quite side but get slightly more bark then stock. Also doing Airraid CAI, gt 350 intake and TB, and dyno tune. Cannot wait to get it all togetherI
Aren't people having problems with the gt350 intake manifold and throttle bodies?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Aren't people having problems with the gt350 intake manifold and throttle bodies?
Jeff at CRT installed a few and has picked up 30 hp and a strong running car with his tune. I will let you know in a few weeks.
Sponsored