Sponsored

So is anyone worried their hood is going to break free?

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
i'm not so much worried about the hood but with my functional air brake side scoops and quarter window scoops I fear I might rip the entire side off my car off.
Sponsored

luke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I'm not worried about that on the GT, it did happen to my Jensen Healey once, folded back like aluminum foil and cracked the windshield; exciting, but not as much as the day I fired it up after a few months in the garage and forgot the hardtop was not attached.

5lette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Manual
I have noticed it too. I think it's just flex from the aluminum

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Finally did some testing with the new latches and hood struts, and I can say the hood shake, lift and float is completely solved. I would imagine the struts also help bu the quick latch really keeps the hood pinned down. Before I got hod lift and shake on the highway at 70 mph, I tested this out to double digits now and it's solid. Here are the latches I used, and I bought the white ones but repainted them Oxford white.

Sponsored

NorthshoreGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Do those replace the "factory" latch system? Or are they a "supliment"
Also have issues with "hood shake" over 70 mph,have tried adjusting rubber stops with no success.Probably have dealer address at first service.
As far as I'm concerned,this is completely unacceptable,never owned a vehicle where the hood shakes,even when I drove various POS's when I was a kid.

P

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Do those replace the "factory" latch system? Or are they a "supliment"
Also have issues with "hood shake" over 70 mph,have tried adjusting rubber stops with no success.Probably have dealer address at first service.
As far as I'm concerned,this is completely unacceptable,never owned a vehicle where the hood shakes,even when I drove various POS's when I was a kid.

P
The stock latch and rubber bumps stops are in tact, but where adjusted for better hood and front bumper cover alignment. The rubber bumps are raised to be a little tighter now that I have the latches. The dealer will do nothing to fix the issue, whatever they do it will have no effect.

Last edited:

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Mine does the same, stealership said it was fine. It bounces up and down a lot when doing 90.

Edit: After reading this, I just adjusted to three lines on the hood bumps. Hopefully that fixes it. Dealership should have adjusted this when I told them about it on my last visit. Pisses me off

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine does the same, stealership said it was fine. It bounces up and down a lot when doing 90.

Edit: After reading this, I just adjusted to three lines on the hood bumps. Hopefully that fixes it. Dealership should have adjusted this when I told them about it on my last visit. Pisses me off
After posting this I found 3 out of the 4 bolts holding the hood hinges weren't torqued down. I tightened them and was doing 80ish and it seemed to help as it was almost steady, but a little movement, which was good for me. When I started this thread I was over 100 one day when it became apparent the shaking was something I didn't like. Guess I better get up to more speed and see if it has gotten any better.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

I noticed when I screwed the rubber bump stops up the hood did appear slightly more stable at hwy speeds, but pass a truck and it was bobbling again. Also moving the stop up pushed the hood ends up and created beg gaps at the bumper cover to hood ends near the headlights.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Since I got my new Stang about 4 months ago the hood flutter bothered me, after reading about it here in the forum I checked the hood bumpers and sure enough, the right one had 3 exposed threads but the left only had 1 exposed thread, turned it so 3 threads appeared and my hood flutter is now almost completely gone.

Terry

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
been 110-120 in my car on the track, no hood movement

ZuluEcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, Race Red and Silver Stripe
Same here on my new Ecoboost

I had read about this and noticed it on mine the first time it got to 100 mph (NO clue how that happened:lol:) Anyway, it does shake a bit and for a moment I thought it was going to take off. I am going to try messing with the rubber stoppers as mentioned here, it makes sense that would cause a problem if they are not set properly...