Sponsored

Borla ATAK vs. Borla FRPP Sport

HYSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys of the two Catbacks, which is better?
Sponsored

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
the atak is deeper and more aggressive. the frpp is similar to borla s type and is a more mild exhast note. the borla atak is the inbetween loudness of the frpp or corsa sport and the corsa xtreme. the borla atal, IMO, sounds deeper than all of them and is loud but not too loud. YouTube fist13fox and look at all of my comparison videos and reviews.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Hey guys of the two Catbacks, which is better?
I have actually had both exhaust systems. I ended up with the FRPP Sport and like it much better than the ATAK.

I like loud exhaust, but for my daily driver, the ATAK was too loud on the streets. On the highway it was a blast but around town, it was just too much because if I ever needed to pass an asshole in a Prius trying to block me out, I would have to open it up and anything past 3k RPM sounded insane with the ATAK.

The FRPP Sport is loud when you really get on it, but for mild/moderate driving, it still makes good noise at a respectable level. It is for sure a head turner. If you are looking for the loudest, out of the two, ATAK is more aggressive. Just wasn't my cup of tea. the FRPP Sport is still aggressive and loud, just not obnoxious unless you are trying to be.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I have actually had both exhaust systems. I ended up with the FRPP Sport and like it much better than the ATAK.

I like loud exhaust, but for my daily driver, the ATAK was too loud on the streets. On the highway it was a blast but around town, it was just too much because if I ever needed to pass an asshole in a Prius trying to block me out, I would have to open it up and anything past 3k RPM sounded insane with the ATAK.

The FRPP Sport is loud when you really get on it, but for mild/moderate driving, it still makes good noise at a respectable level. It is for sure a head turner. If you are looking for the loudest, out of the two, ATAK is more aggressive. Just wasn't my cup of tea. the FRPP Sport is still aggressive and loud, just not obnoxious unless you are trying to be.
That's the best part. :D

SIMS1724

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS Ingot Silver
I've narrowed down my exhaust choices to these two... CANNOT DECIDE!!!

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have the Ford Racing by Borla Sport catback and a buddy of mine has the Borla Attack catback and his is only slightly deeper sounding than mine. Not by much. It may have something to do with the different X pipes, possibly??!!??

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I always push it but I recommend the Solo Performance Mach Thunder, which is a solid competitor to the ATAK. The Mach XV is comparable to the FRPP Sport

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Which ATAK did you have, the FR or the Borla?

SIMS1724

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS Ingot Silver
I have the Ford Racing by Borla Sport catback and a buddy of mine has the Borla Attack catback and his is only slightly deeper sounding than mine. Not by much. It may have something to do with the different X pipes, possibly??!!??
So what's your long-term review of the FRBS? Do you regret not getting the ATAK?

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So what's your long-term review of the FRBS? Do you regret not getting the ATAK?
Luv it! No regrets. Like someone else posted. When you get on the throttle it's got a nice deep growl. Good enuf for me!

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
I've got x pipe with s types axleback so i guess not quite the same but i wish I'd gone atak. They soundgood and have no drone so thats a plus. They're just a bit quieter than I'd like but maybe i was just too used to the drone masters originally installed.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
I've got x pipe with s types axleback so i guess not quite the same but i wish I'd gone atak. They soundgood and have no drone so thats a plus. They're just a bit quieter than I'd like but maybe i was just too used to the drone masters originally installed.
Once you go catless, it'll become a lot louder and you'll really enjoy those S-types.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Once you go catless, it'll become a lot louder and you'll really enjoy those S-types.
I keep flip flopping on that decision.

I really need to get to a local meet and hear in person how loud cat less headers are, or aren't

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I have ATAK mufflers with longtubes. It's way louder than I care for. Anything above 2k and I really have to be on the look out for cops.
Sponsored