Sponsored

California Special Car Cover

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Has anyone with a new 2016 GT/CS ordered the California Special Car Cover offered by ford? If so, is it worth it? It definitely seems pricey at $375 so I didn't know if it a normal car cover with the CS graphics (Totally not worth it for that) or is it more of a heavy duty cover or different material etc.....

Thanks!!
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Why would you cover it up?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
It is the normal $375 car cover with graphics. I do not have one but Ford has been using it for years. Had one on my 12 Boss 302 and now one on my 15 LE.

Quality material, custom fit that is tight and stays place in the wind. I believe the material is Noah Weathertech but you should dig a little to confirm that point.

Go to a parts site like Blue Oval Industries and look up factory covers - you should find a discussion of materials used.

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you cover it up?
Jason,

I live in the Northeast so during the winter the car would be stored in my garage while I drive the beater. Although a change to warmer weather is being considered more and more.....lol

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is the normal $375 car cover with graphics. I do not have one but Ford has been using it for years. Had one on my 12 Boss 302 and now one on my 15 LE.

Quality material, custom fit that is tight and stays place in the wind. I believe the material is Noah Weathertech but you should dig a little to confirm that point.

Go to a parts site like Blue Oval Industries and look up factory covers - you should find a discussion of materials used.

Do you feel it's worth the price and a good choice?

Thanks!!

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Jason,

I live in the Northeast so during the winter the car would be stored in my garage while I drive the beater. Although a change to warmer weather is being considered more and more.....lol
If you store it in the garage why not just leave it uncovered?
I do the same.

Summit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Fastback Premium
[MENTION=7738]GForensic[/MENTION],
I purchased a cover for our GT/CS. I'm no expert on covers, so in layman a terms:
The cover is lightweight and has a snug fit. Good quality.
On the hood is printed "Mustang"
On the rear is printed the circle GT/CS logo
It has an additional bag

I can snap a couple pics later. Our Pony is buttoned up and in the garage for the winter. I wanted the cover just as additional protection. The purchase is worth it to me.

Thanks

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you store it in the garage why not just leave it uncovered?
I do the same.
Because our garage is not that big and it has some bigger items such as snowblowers etc......that you don't have a lot of room to manuever. It also has my wife going through it daily who I love dearly but she wouldn't walk as gingerly as I would with things so protection is a must! :lol:

If I had a nice big heated garage with a lot of room it wouldn't be an issue but since I don't I'd rather have the cover. It gives me piece of mind. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7738]GForensic[/MENTION],
I purchased a cover for our GT/CS. I'm no expert on covers, so in layman a terms:
The cover is lightweight and has a snug fit. Good quality.
On the hood is printed "Mustsng"
On the rear is printed the circle GT/CS logo
It has an additional bag

I can snap a couple pics later. Our Pony is buttoned up and in the garage for the winter. I wanted the cover just as additional protection. The purchase is worth it to me.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the input! I would love to see a few pictures if it's not too much trouble. I should have my CS sometime very soon and I would love to have a cover waiting for it. Also, what color is your CS?

Oh and I think you should return it and get one that says "Mustang" and not "Mustsng". Lol.....I'm kidding!

Thanks!!
:thumbsup:

Summit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Because our garage is not that big and it has some bigger items such as snowblowers etc......that you don't have a lot of room to manuever. It also has my wife going through it daily who I love dearly but she wouldn't walk as gingerly as I would with things so protection is a must! :lol:

If I had a nice big heated garage with a lot of room it wouldn't be an issue but since I don't I'd rather have the cover. It gives me piece of mind. :thumbsup:
Our garage is the same way. That's why I got the cover.
[MENTION=7738]GForensic[/MENTION], our GT/CS is Triple Yellow:)

Thanks

Joe

Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I suspect it is the same one I got for the GT350 - made by CoverCraft. I have two other covers made by them and I find the quality to be good. Mine has stripes on it that I could honestly do without because it adds a friction material that could abrade the paint during removal and re-covering. The one odd bit is the bag for the cover is sewn inside the cover. It sits on the inside and just seems like a swirl inducing design - drops in front of the rear plate. I may just remove it. I use it in my garage, but the material seems certainly durable enough to reside outside full time.

Someone mentioned Noah above - I have a Noah cover and I think this material is different. I think this seems more like the weathershield line. Happy to take a picture if you need it.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Do you feel it's worth the price and a good choice?

Thanks!!
For outdoor storage-yes!
Indoor probably not-would go with a cheaper dust cover, unless you like the display of the matching graphics on the cover and that has additional value to many.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Someone mentioned Noah above - I have a Noah cover and I think this material is different. I think this seems more like the weathershield line. Happy to take a picture if you need it.
I wonder if Ford is switching vendors and the GT500 cover was more of an indoor variety?..
Just checked Blue Oval--they drop ship covers right from Ford. GT/CS cover is not listed but the top end Mustang cover is. Note the coupe and vert have different part numbers as the cut is that tight.

Clearly states the cover is Noah Weatherproof. Cost: $294.95 with NO shipping charges.
Ford part number is: FR32-19A412-B

Has a printed pony on the hood and MUSTANG across the back. I have one on my LE as I type.

Last edited:

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I wonder if Ford is switching vendors and the GT500 cover was more of an indoor variety?..
Just checked Blue Oval--they drop ship covers right from Ford. GT/CS cover is not listed but the top end Mustang cover is. Note the coupe and vert have different part numbers as the cut is that tight.

Clearly states the cover is Noah Weatherproof. Cost: $294.95 with NO shipping charges.
Ford part number is: FR32-19A412-B

Has a printed pony on the hood and MUSTANG across the back. I have one on my LE as I type.
Your material may be different so I really can't comment on it. I looked mine up and it is listed as weathershield which is a different line from CoverCraft.

http://accessories.ford.com/exterior/covers-and-protectors/kit-11336.html

Summit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7738]GForensic[/MENTION], here are some cover pics!

Thanks,

Joe
DSC_7415_edited-1.jpg
DSC_7418_edited-1.jpg
DSC_7419_edited-1.jpg
DSC_7416.jpg
DSC_7429_edited-1.jpg
DSC_7428_edited-1.jpg
Sponsored