Sponsored

Lund Racing Shelby GT350 Tuning now available!!!!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i am with you about going back and forth..my flex fuel tune on my GT was awesome..drove cross country with it and didnt have any problems..but doing it to the 350 is a different story idk
something tells me after a few thousand miles I'll do this, i feel like I'm cheating the car almost if i don't give it a nice little tune and some e85.

btw, we had very similarly modded 16s...no wonder we were fans of the tune, totally transformed the car with all the other bolt-ons:headbang:
Sponsored

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Driving the car around its just begging for e85:ford:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I have the Lund FF tune. It is excellent, especially considering our normal pump gas is 91.
Recently I have found a place locally selling e85 opening up the possibility of running a Lund e85 tune. However when traveling I might find only California Super... aka 91 octane. Will I be in any danger of detonation or will the tune read the octane change and adjust appropriately????

What could I expect in HP and TQ gains and would CAI be beneficial???

Sorry for such a newbie, but I've no experience with e85 and don't want to make a $10,000 mistake.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Recently I have found a place locally selling e85 opening up the possibility of running a Lund e85 tune. However when traveling I might find only California Super... aka 91 octane. Will I be in any danger of detonation or will the tune read the octane change and adjust appropriately????

Sorry for such a newbie, but I've no experience with e85 and don't want to make a $10,000 mistake.
2rcwgnl.jpg

so here is what it'll look like while it's "learning"...in my situation going from 93 to e85. notice the "0"...it'll say "1" in that block when it has learned and it's now ok to go WOT per lund instructions.

i believe lund picked up 38hp/32tq from the tune and e85...and i was even told by a vendor to skip the CAI, so that's all i needed to know.

you should have zero problems running the 91, just let it learn and then go...you'll likely run it to fumes to get a full tank of corn on the next fill up:cheers:

edit: pm me if ya want pic and I'll text it

Last edited:

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Sorry for such a newbie, but I've no experience with e85 and don't want to make a $10,000 mistake.[/QUOT
I'm in Fresno where there are two e85 stations. You will absolutely love the Lund e85 tune. I run a tank of 91 the first of each month because Ford suggests this in their e85-certified vehicles. The tune appears to adapt to whatever fuel you run without a problem. You can watch the AFR adjust on the Ngauge during the learning process. Monday I filled up with 91 e10 which resulted in my current blend of e25. AFR at cruise is 13.5. Next time I fill up it will be with e85 which will probably dillute to about e70 and an AFR around 10. By monitoring the Nguage, or the factory display for that matter, you can see that the tune is adjusting the AFR accordingly.

Tacpguy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Getting my Lund FF tune done tomorrow along with OR pipes, JLT CAI, and 170 stat. Cant wait!!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So I know these CAI's are only good for about 10 RWHP MAYBE and that's of course with the respective tune. My question is can anyone validate, with consistency, a tune and CAI raises out the 3000RPM torque dip? I know it's a characteristic of the engine but still would be nice to know if there's a solution to change it. My autocross launches are appalling because of it.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The tune definitely picks up the bottom end, especially with e85. I have the JLT and I did compare its restriction to stock using a manometer. The factory system is more restrictive but the difference between the two was much less than between my factory Boss CAI and aftermarket. Aftermarket CAI reduced pressure drop by about 19 inches of water which was worth 10 hp on a Mustang dyno. The difference between the JLT and factory GT350 CAI is about 9 inches of water if memory serves, so power increase whould be probably be 4-5.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
So I know these CAI's are only good for about 10 RWHP MAYBE and that's of course with the respective tune. My question is can anyone validate, with consistency, a tune and CAI raises out the 3000RPM torque dip? I know it's a characteristic of the engine but still would be nice to know if there's a solution to change it. My autocross launches are appalling because of it.
the lund graph on e85 has the least amount of "dip" at the rpm you're concerned about. i can't post pics or i would sorry

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
the lund graph on e85 has the least amount of "dip" at the rpm you're concerned about. i can't post pics or i would sorry
nothing but boost is going to fix 3k, e50 makes the engine much stronger at around 3300-3400 or so, but the engine and its general design is simply not going to flow with velocity at that RPM regardless what unicorn tune or CAI you buy. it is designed to operate at higher RPM and nothing but shoving in more air is going to change that.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
In my experience there is little benefit above e50. it reaches the max timing without issue and avoids the aspects of the tune I did not like. E85 runs rich, the noise and behavior of the engine under deceleration is subdued. I get less, and quieter crackles and pops. I happen to like that, I and others have also complained about sluggish throttle response, its relative but it feels crisper at e-50, I also get many, many more audible backfires that sound ghetto driving around at partial throttle. I would prefer to run full e85 due to cost however I wont do so unless I get a dyno tune to tweak those areas.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
nothing but boost is going to fix 3k, e50 makes the engine much stronger at around 3300-3400 or so, but the engine and its general design is simply not going to flow with velocity at that RPM regardless what unicorn tune or CAI you buy. it is designed to operate at higher RPM and nothing but shoving in more air is going to change that.
oh i believe you, i was just referring to some of the graphs i saw that had a small dip/flat spot at that rpm(like stopped increasing momentarily), and that's all i was talking about. no idea if this is a common characteristic or not. should've been more clear

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
Does any member have the graph for it?
Sponsored