You asked for it, Corsa Answered!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't find anything special about about Corsa - "solid" products but overpriced at the same time. That fake quad is just bloody stupid...
:lol:

That's rich for someone with an exhaust that costs the same amount, and is STRAIGHT PIPED (less powerful with no crossover, sounds like a truck). Remus non-active catback with tips is $1400.
Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
:lol:
That's rich for someone with an exhaust that costs the same amount, and is STRAIGHT PIPED (less powerful with no crossover, sounds like a truck). Remus non-active catback with tips is $1400.
And you have absolutely no idea what are you talking about plus I have a feeling that you are a "Corsa Keyboard Commando" - that's fine m8, I couldn't care less.

Anyways, click the link in my signature...see what I did to my exhaust...it could be even beyond your comprehension.

I had a chance to take a good look at that Corsa...I'm a welder and engineer and I was not impressed given the very high price tag.

P.S.
Remus is active and I've never said it's the best...far from it...

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Corsa/AWE, etc are setting these prices because idiots who do not know better and just want to brand shame/share buy it.

Seriously, the cost of an exhaust should come from the muffler design, materials, and attention to fitment.

Corsa used already manufactured mufflers, they are not unique to the mustang. The only thing unique is the pipe design. That's where the engineering was put in place as most manufacturers do. Mock up a couple prototypes and finalize manufacturing.

There's nothing amazing about their exhaust routing as most manufacturers do the same.

The axle back is poorly designed as I've pointed out in other threads.

That fake dual tip design is a lazy way to cater to those that want 'dual' rear exit exhaust.

I've seen local welders do amazing 304 ss exhausts for porsche's and such for what corsa charges.

I'm not expecting to change opinions, but they're shit is overpriced as are many other brands. All you brand nut swingers are just lining their pockets and they're laughing at you while you give them free advertising.

OP
OP
jayman33

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Corsa/AWE, etc are setting these prices because idiots who do not know better and just want to brand shame/share buy it.

Seriously, the cost of an exhaust should come from the muffler design, materials, and attention to fitment.

Corsa used already manufactured mufflers, they are not unique to the mustang. The only thing unique is the pipe design. That's where the engineering was put in place as most manufacturers do. Mock up a couple prototypes and finalize manufacturing.

There's nothing amazing about their exhaust routing as most manufacturers do the same.

That fake dual tip design is a lazy way to cater to those that want 'dual' rear exit exhaust.

I've seen local welders do amazing 304 ss exhausts for porsche's and such for what corsa charges.

I'm not expecting to change opinions, but they're shit is overpriced as are many other brands. All you brand nut swingers are just lining their pockets and they're laughing at you while you give them free advertising.

A bit false on the mufflers. We were there during the testing and we were there with Honeybadger as they designed new mufflers for his car.

Then.... another 12 months later we worked with them on the sport design. Why? We knew the extremes were way too loud with headers so what did we do? We used another car, with headers, where they developed another muffler for a deeper tone, quieter tone.

We discuss pricing, the Mustang market is one of the most underpriced markets in the automotive industry besides civics and LS motors. Take a look at the BMW market, GTR Market, Corvette market and so on. I've seen first hand where some manufacturers have the same exact piping, tooling and so on from the Mustang to another "more expensive" car and the price is double just because of the platform. With that said, corsa pricing is pretty much standard across the board. I've personally seen them develop and build an exhaust... by hand minus the pipe bending of course which, is similar to ARH and SW. Look at the cheaper brands, typically machine welded with lower quality metal and made outside the US.

There is a reason you're paying more, you're paying for engineering and you're paying for a company to develop a product in the US. Aside from selling products I personally will purchase and spend more money knowing a certain brand was made in the US, but thats just me.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6

How do you know they used an existing muffler? I have owned 4 different Corsa exhausts over the years, and while mufflers were SIMILAR in dimension none were identical, all were R&D'd by Corsa to have a muffler chamber with a unique length and width to ensure the sound cancellation worked to their specifications.

Do you have some specific intel about the s550 Corsa systems that allowed you to make that statement?

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
How do you know they used an existing muffler? I have owned 4 different Corsa exhausts over the years, and while mufflers were SIMILAR in dimension none were identical, all were R&D'd by Corsa to have a muffler chamber with a unique length and width to ensure the sound cancellation worked to their specifications.

Do you have some specific intel about the s550 Corsa systems that allowed you to make that statement?
I have...because I have endoscope...

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I have...because I have endoscope...
WTF?? so you looked inside the tubing and saw they use the same technology in all their mufflers? their tube and hole design is not unique by car, the muffler encasement size and crossovers (X pipes) are unique by car. Next time use a tape measure to figure out if its a unique muffler.

You think all the muffler companies use a completely different design and technology for each car? Ever endoscoped a magnaflow, solo, etc? Youll come to the same wrong conclusion. :frusty:

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
WTF?? so you looked inside the tubing and saw they use the same technology in all their mufflers? their tube and hole design is not unique by car, the muffler encasement size and crossovers (X pipes) are unique by car. Next time use a tape measure to figure out if its a unique muffler.

You think all the muffler companies use a completely different design and technology for each car? Ever endoscoped a magnaflow, solo, etc? Youll come to the same wrong conclusion. :frusty:
FYI corsa looks just like Miata muffler inside - they are all using the same 50 years old technology. Magnaflow, Remus, Corsa etc...no, no drone and superb quality they all say...bullshit! Chamber design, equal length, X, H or Q pipe - the truth is either you chose to have performance or comfort. No drone in corsa? Bullshit!

The same with Kooks - premium quality? Bullshit! I've found mine 2 inches out of spec on a one side and I've paid 1,5 grand for those?!?

I've seen better exhaust work made in backyard with a buzz box...

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Youre talking straight out your dark hole bud, but at least its very clear to anyone reading this thread. If it was that easy of a design, pretty sure the patent office wouldn't have granted a patent on it to Corsa, but again I am sure you are more in the know than that department.

Anyways, I had a magnaflow on a jeep Cherokee, DRONED horribly, switched to Corsa, and zero drone, not even a little

Had a Heart Throb on a 300C hemi, my god did it drone, my mirror vibrated off the hook, switched to magnaflow, was better but still really bad at certain rpms, then went corsa, ZERO drone, nothing, notta, that was with catless kooks headers and a whipple

Had a 2002 GT mustang with flowmasters, drone was the worst of all my cars, went to a bassani, still droned, then went corsa, same result, not a single ounce of drone. not even a little.

So I guess it was all made up and all these systems were from the 50's and all droned.

Except not.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
A bit false on the mufflers. We were there during the testing and we were there with Honeybadger as they designed new mufflers for his car.

Then.... another 12 months later we worked with them on the sport design. Why? We knew the extremes were way too loud with headers so what did we do? We used another car, with headers, where they developed another muffler for a deeper tone, quieter tone.

We discuss pricing, the Mustang market is one of the most underpriced markets in the automotive industry besides civics and LS motors. Take a look at the BMW market, GTR Market, Corvette market and so on. I've seen first hand where some manufacturers have the same exact piping, tooling and so on from the Mustang to another "more expensive" car and the price is double just because of the platform. With that said, corsa pricing is pretty much standard across the board. I've personally seen them develop and build an exhaust... by hand minus the pipe bending of course which, is similar to ARH and SW. Look at the cheaper brands, typically machine welded with lower quality metal and made outside the US.

There is a reason you're paying more, you're paying for engineering and you're paying for a company to develop a product in the US. Aside from selling products I personally will purchase and spend more money knowing a certain brand was made in the US, but thats just me.
You're making my point for me.

Those other market's are overpriced. Period. It's metal pipe bent and welded. Companies like corsa don't hand weld them. They are machine welded.

A good camparison company is Solo. They are manufactured in the US. Same as Corsa. Their systems have the same if not more R&D behind them.

Sound is subjective, i'll leave that one be.

But they are half the price. Why? Same steel. Similar R&D, and likely similar manufacturing costs. If anything, their engineering is better designed. So why the cost difference? I'll tell you, Corsa is riding their reputation in the high end boat and car market and sailing on big profits.

Steel quality is a big factor in cost. However, most steel doesn't come from China as many presume. We only import about 17% of the steel used for manufacturing in the US.

It's not just Corsa, I'm picking on them but Borla, Magnaflow, etc. They all do it. But we as consumers should stop and think before spending these outrageous prices.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Exactly. They design the system around an existing muffler or multiple muffler designs. Nothing wrong with it. But market the cost to reflect the product investment instead of ripping people off.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Youre talking straight out your dark hole bud, but at least its very clear to anyone reading this thread. If it was that easy of a design, pretty sure the patent office wouldn't have granted a patent on it to Corsa, but again I am sure you are more in the know than that department.

Anyways, I had a magnaflow on a jeep Cherokee, DRONED horribly, switched to Corsa, and zero drone, not even a little

Had a Heart Throb on a 300C hemi, my god did it drone, my mirror vibrated off the hook, switched to magnaflow, was better but still really bad at certain rpms, then went corsa, ZERO drone, nothing, notta, that was with catless kooks headers and a whipple

Had a 2002 GT mustang with flowmasters, drone was the worst of all my cars, went to a bassani, still droned, then went corsa, same result, not a single ounce of drone. not even a little.

So I guess it was all made up and all these systems were from the 50's and all droned.

Except not.
So you're entire judgement is based upon whether it drones or not. :doh:

and because it does not, you somehow believe more R&D was put into it vs a competitor. :doh::doh:

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
A good camparison company is Solo. They are manufactured in the US. Same as Corsa. Their systems have the same if not more R&D behind them.

Sound is subjective, i'll leave that one be.

But they are half the price. Why? Same steel. Similar R&D, and likely similar manufacturing costs. If anything, their engineering is better designed. So why the cost difference? I'll tell you, Corsa is riding their reputation in the high end boat and car market and sailing on big profits.
Half the price ? I just google'd Solo Mach Thunder catback and its over $900. Some of the vendors on here come really close to that price on Corsas :shrug:

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Half the price ? I just google'd Solo Mach Thunder catback and its over $900. Some of the vendors on here come really close to that price on Corsas :shrug:
Please show me the Corsa for 900 bucks...

Plus you are comparing a catalog price to vendor price with a massive discount...

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Please show me the Corsa for 900 bucks...

Plus you are comparing a catalog price to vendor price with a massive discount...
Feel free to PM a vendor on here for your Corsa pricing :D If you're saying Solo is half the price than you must also be comparing Corsa catalog pricing to Solo vendor pricing.
Sponsored