Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Anyone have the Mach XV with cat deletes? Currently running the Thunder and looking to tame it just a bit but not sure if the XV is worth the investment if the decibel decrease isn't much or sounds bad.
I have the XV with deletes. Not sure how long you ran your Thunder before adding deletes, but the XV with deletes is definitely louder than straight thunder.

Damn thing now shoots flames out of back LOL, probably from the blower tune dumping fuel. People at the track were raving about how good it sounds when opened up (road tracks).

Looking to tame it a little, planning to throw the stock cats back on for when not at the track.

The cabin volume and mild drone in the winter has me thinking of trying something else. Solo sounds so good tho :amen:
Sponsored

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
I'm really contemplating between the mach xv and the krona systems. I really don't want boomy sounding cabin. When you go from stop to stop does the mach xv sound boomy in any rpm under 3 grand. Thnx.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I stopped by a paint shop the other day (having a rear wing sorted out) and the first thing the guy said was, "Wow, that sounds great, I've haven't heard an exhaust like that!".

This coming from a guy who has been around plenty of Mustangs and other performance cars (there was a Porsche TT-S in the driveway).

I'm getting LTs in the very near future, going with HFCs, but if it's still a little loud, I'll just swap from the Thunder to the XV center section, love that Solo gives you a modular way to adjust the sound volume.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I see in the paat few pages many are commenting on winter noise.

I read something a while ago on this on a g35 forum. If im njt correct these jpipes are 1/4 resonators that when the aound comes back it cancels out the waves of unwanted noise. They said over there temperatures and weather can affect these greatly but adjuating the length shoukd alleviate it.

Here is the thread, it gets nerdy quick but i think it may help some.
https://g35driver.com/forums/intake...helmholtz-resonators-let-s-get-technical.html

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I stopped by a paint shop the other day (having a rear wing sorted out) and the first thing the guy said was, "Wow, that sounds great, I've haven't heard an exhaust like that!".

This coming from a guy who has been around plenty of Mustangs and other performance cars (there was a Porsche TT-S in the driveway).

I'm getting LTs in the very near future, going with HFCs, but if it's still a little loud, I'll just swap from the Thunder to the XV center section, love that Solo gives you a modular way to adjust the sound volume.
Porsche TT-S?
You mean Audi TT-S?

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I see in the paat few pages many are commenting on winter noise.

I read something a while ago on this on a g35 forum. If im njt correct these jpipes are 1/4 resonators that when the aound comes back it cancels out the waves of unwanted noise. They said over there temperatures and weather can affect these greatly but adjuating the length shoukd alleviate it.

Here is the thread, it gets nerdy quick but i think it may help some.
https://g35driver.com/forums/intake...helmholtz-resonators-let-s-get-technical.html
Usually cold start, the valve timing is allowing the exhaust valve to open a bit earlier to heat up the cat.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Usually cold start, the valve timing is allowing the exhaust valve to open a bit earlier to heat up the cat.
Yeah, that's happening regardless of the exhaust. It's just way more noticeable with an after-market exhaust system.

Combine that with the FRPP2 and it's really loud on cold starts during the winter. First 2 seconds is an absolute roar.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Question to people that mentioned rattle in the muffler that still read this thread - how did it sound ? Was it sound of something bouncing when driven on uneven surface ?

I am trying to figure something that rattles underneath - all the clamps are tight and I am not sure even if it's related to exhaust, but trying to diagnose it.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Question to people that mentioned rattle in the muffler that still read this thread - how did it sound ? Was it sound of something bouncing when driven on uneven surface ?

I am trying to figure something that rattles underneath - all the clamps are tight and I am not sure even if it's related to exhaust, but trying to diagnose it.
My raddle was the right exhaust tube hitting the sway bar.
I do have headers and had to cut the right side a 1/4 inch and all is now perfect.
The raddle drove me crazy, it was most noticeable when when warmed up.:frusty:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
My raddle was the right exhaust tube hitting the sway bar.
I do have headers and had to cut the right side a 1/4 inch and all is now perfect.
The raddle drove me crazy, it was most noticeable when when warmed up.:frusty:
Were you able to identify it by getting under the car (meaning was it touching when you looked in there) ?

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Were you able to identify it by getting under the car (meaning was it touching when you looked in there) ?
Honestly when the exhaust cooled down there was a quarter inch clearance on the right side.
Look at the left exhaust tube and see if the two differ.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have a GT with Mach THunder in the UK, which I really like. However I have an option to go louder still. For those that have heard the Thunder v the Street Race, is there a notable difference in volume, tone etc. It simply a mid section but you can treble the price from US to UK by the time shipping and tax and import and just another charge for the hell of it.
As far as I can tell there is no other Street Race in the UK to listen to, so going by those that have heard it

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I have a GT with Mach THunder in the UK, which I really like. However I have an option to go louder still. For those that have heard the Thunder v the Street Race, is there a notable difference in volume, tone etc. It simply a mid section but you can treble the price from US to UK by the time shipping and tax and import and just another charge for the hell of it.
As far as I can tell there is no other Street Race in the UK to listen to, so going by those that have heard it

I have not heard the thunder, but I can tell you that the street race is LOUD. Like you might start the zombie apocalypse loud. I put it on a friends car, and I could hear him driving home even after he was well over a mile away.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Here is some audio with windows up and down.
[ame]
Sponsored