Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Get a Stanginator!! Mines coming!!
I've got one. I'll try to post up pics soon on my car. The detail is insane.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I've got one. I'll try to post up pics soon on my car. The detail is insane.
Erik is painting mine Silver Gloss right now and he is also sending one in the raw! I'm going to see if I can have it Hydrochromed??? It's eurathane base. Anyone have any ideas or leads to chroming ??

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I did a few layers of black plastidip with a few coats of the glossifier. It's been on there a good 10,000+ miles and has held up well.
ISTH0548.jpg

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What I dont like about it is, there is no chrome on the car except for a large emblem on the front and the back. I dont like that.
50 yrs ago, the cars had chrome on them, but they dont now so it looks out of place. I would love to paint both of my emblems the same as body color, but I'm not sure how that would look either.
Cj Pony parts has the horses in matching body color if you want to check it out..

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't think removing the running horse emblem is going to keep people from realizing what model car it is.

The Mustang is instantly recognizable and has been since inception.
that is true.. although the s550 is a dramatic change from past models... I appreciate all of the feedback as It has given me some insight on why owners do what they do with their running ponies.. it's what makes the community so great... diferent styles, tastes and ways to customize your ride.. i guess I am old school, but don't want to purchase and old school mustang.. I thought about it for a while, but lapbelts, no creatures comforts and a loud, bumpy ride just aren't for me at this stage of my life... :)

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Erik is painting mine Silver Gloss right now and he is also sending one in the raw! I'm going to see if I can have it Hydrochromed??? It's eurathane base. Anyone have any ideas or leads to chroming ??
Check out Artcraft plating in Burbank. He can plate anything, sometimes the thickness builds up pretty good though. He plated urethane Terminator castings for me years ago.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Pony on the grill? For a minute I thought this thread was about equestrian barbecue.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I appreciate everyone having different tastes..but why does it seems like everyone wants to get rid of the iconic pony badges... It's part of the mustang lore...i think some people don't want others to know it's a mustang..just trying to understand people's viewpoint on this..
I never thought about it until recently. Every time I see an S550 in my rear view it just kind looks out of place with the shape of the nose. It doesn't have the aggressive look the rest of the car has. I think this thread put me over the edge. Gonna plasti dip that sucker. Thought about doing it to the 5.0 and GT badges as well since I'm already black on black.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Well, I see that if you remove the chrome Pony, there's still the outline molded in the black plastic of the grill.

Looks like the answer is a replacement grill FoMoCo makes without that molded outline, bit it appears as if you have to remove the bumper to replace it.

Jesus Ford, make this easier please.
Ford doesn't make a replacement (honeycomb, OEM stock) grille w/o the molded outline. If they did though, I would gladly go through all the trouble of removing the bumper to replace the grille. I want one because I love the cleaner, simpler look. However, I HATE the extremely cheap looking aftermarket options.
Sponsored