Sponsored

More than just the tires..No warranty coverage yet!

TZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang RS3
Aside from the two tires I had to replace out of pocket, not even 1.5 yrs old, 6-6.3k miles, I have had multiple other issues....

**engine light, motor sounded like it was blowing, low rpms, couldn't go more than 20-30mph, no code, after maybe 3 hours fooling with it the car just repairs itself I guess, took a little longer but light went off

**brakes increasingly got louder, producing a lot of dust in the front only, serviced 3-4 times, still in new condition???

**car started randomly just turning off, press clutch, power active lights, while driving, in motion, and has done it more and more often since I got it..

**clutch/flywheel had to be replaced, out of pocket at 4k miles.

**rear tires with chunks missing at 4k miles, had tp pay to replace..

**Heat from floor, felt to shifter eventually and pedals, with a smell of mixed gas/burning clutch/brake, began to appear, sometimes random, at times every time it was driven..

**lots of heat, even blue colored steam came to the windshield, and you could feel the heat walking passed the car after it was parked, light came on, vap code, was told no worries..

**heat/smell constant, clutch has never felt the same since repair, car constantly shuts off driving, engine light comes on twice more, now wit the code for a small leak..

**started noticing water lines inside the windows, musty smell in trunk at times, after closer look, doors, panels, trunk, all seem to not be aligned, seals don't match up, clips wont stay in place, roof liner wont stay in place..
hood scoop detaching...

**AC compressor started rapidly off/on, blowing little/lots back and forth..

**The car is in service for the 6th time, which at times it has stayed for 3 weeks once, and now its been in for a week, but from previous times, no issues have ever resolved!! Hopefully this time it will be different, and without more out of pocket cost.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
If I were you, I'd move on to a different car. After all those problems, you will just be waiting on edge for the next issue. You'll be hyper paranoid and sensitive to everything thinking the car is going to spontaneously combust (I know that's how I'd feel after all those issues).

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
If I were you, I'd move on to a different car. After all those problems, you will just be waiting on edge for the next issue. You'll be hyper paranoid and sensitive to everything thinking the car is going to spontaneously combust (I know that's how I'd feel after all those issues).
How do you think he came up with all that...he's already there and the Mustang had nothing to do with it.

OP
OP
TZ

TZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang RS3

I love the car, but yeah my biggest concern is what's next....Hopefully today I will get an update from the service dept...

OP
OP
TZ

TZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang RS3
It's a major safety concern, now I don't like to even have my kids ride in it...Every operational issue happens while driving....

Sponsored

OP
OP
TZ

TZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang RS3
Mine is a Roush 3 so it has the cooper Zeon RS3 tires

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dealer mechanics have the best tricks up their sleaves when it comes to making a return customer.

OP
OP
TZ

TZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang RS3
Not sure about the details yet, but the service dept is waiting on some parts from Roush to replace and have located the problem.. After that its being sent to the body dept..
Sponsored