MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Mine is out, haven't even noticed since I mostly drive with the top down and it's been cool, but recently [here in FL] been plenty hot enough to need the A/C.

Almost definitely the evaporator given the symptoms - funny enough, we had the same A/C evap failure in our '08 4Runner. My car is a '16, about 12K miles.

I'll take it in week after next, the car is under warranty, and I don't daily drive, so it inconvenient, but not life altering :D

Time for an oil change, dropped it off, explained the AC issue, said to do both.

My service guy said they've done a couple of evaporator replacements recently, and in fact, had one being done right now - he said the guys doing them are really meticulous about the putting the interior back correctly. He treats me right, he's a Mustang guy too, so while I'd prefer not have to have anything done, I'm confident this will get done to my expectation.

Tomorrow afternoon, cool air again :D
Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
My Service Dept in Pensacola told me there iS a service bulletin regarding the Evap Core. Told me that'll be the problem if it starts blowing warm. Fortunately, for me, the job was already done before I bought it!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Dropped mine off. They ordered, received and swapped the core in 36 hours.

There is a test procedure to check the core, he told me. Me and him both car guys, both build old fords and get along well. Works great again and no new rattles. I have same rattle at trim around headlight switch and it didn't change. (Aside, I need to fix that)

He told me they have done a few now. I'll ask next week if it's new part. They didn't even bat an eye at the whipple and covered it under warranty.

Now if he can just figure out why my shirt drop on passenger window acts like it's on crack.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
My AC slowly died over 2 months. Now it only blows warm air. I just got it back for a leaking valve cover gasket too. Oh well, I'll have to take it back in.

Side note, did anyone notice the AC clutch wouldn't engage when the system leaked out all of its Freon?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Looks like I'm a victim to this as well.

Would I be right in saying warm/ambient air from the driver side and cold air from passenger vents would be a common symptom?

I'm in Europe, so this is gonna be a fun fix. Not.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Side note, did anyone notice the AC clutch wouldn't engage when the system leaked out all of its Freon?
The AC system has sensors in it to deactivate clutch engagement if refrigerant pressures are too low or too high to prevent damage to the compressor.

7thStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Ecoboot Premium
Looks like I'm a victim to this as well.

Would I be right in saying warm/ambient air from the driver side and cold air from passenger vents would be a common symptom?

I'm in Europe, so this is gonna be a fun fix. Not.
Yes, that's how mine started. It was warm on drivers side, and passenger was cold. But not for long. The next day all was warm.

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
Mine is now with the dealer (again, they just recharged last time which lasted about 2k miles) for this. Really paranoid about them taking the dash out . Fingers crossed.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Time for an oil change, dropped it off, explained the AC issue, said to do both.

My service guy said they've done a couple of evaporator replacements recently, and in fact, had one being done right now - he said the guys doing them are really meticulous about the putting the interior back correctly. He treats me right, he's a Mustang guy too, so while I'd prefer not have to have anything done, I'm confident this will get done to my expectation.

Tomorrow afternoon, cool air again :D
Any update you could share? How'd it turn out? Thanks

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Mine keeps taking about 5 minutes to go from blowing warm to cold air on max ac. I feel like I'm being paranoid but if it goes out I'm well within warranty. However I really don't want them to take the dash out.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Any update you could share? How'd it turn out? Thanks

Yes! Sorry, hahaha, I kind left things hanging :)

So they had to source one from another dealer, and there was only one within a pretty huge network of dealers around here.

Since the part got there a little later the next day (Wed), it was done the day after (early Thu), he said they really try to take their time with interior. No biggie - in fact, I didn't pick it up until the _following_ day, we were on our normal Thursday night out so waited till Friday morning :)

The air is ice cold again, the dash looks factory new, nothing out of sorts, no rattles. It was just in time, I had an onsite meeting that Friday and it would've been a miserable drive without AC.

It seems like it's a solid day, assuming they have the part ready and can start first thing in the morning. So a later morning, midday drop off and wait for a part, you're probably looking at 2 days.

The car has been solid other than this issue.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I guess the only concerning fact here is that they're replacing the units with the same exact ones... If they seem to go out within a year or two of manufacturing date, how much will it cost when we're out of bumper to bumper warranty? 2 days of labor sounds like 2 grand...

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I guess the only concerning fact here is that they're replacing the units with the same exact ones... If they seem to go out within a year or two of manufacturing date, how much will it cost when we're out of bumper to bumper warranty? 2 days of labor sounds like 2 grand...
It wouldn't surprise me if someone ends up posting a how to video or something as people will start doing this themselves at that price.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I'd get rid of the car long before that

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
To those of you who went over the replacemen, what was the cost stated in the invoice?

I can tell you that BMWs also have the evap issue (probably the same supplier). BMW didn't announce any tsb/recall and the cost of replacement is very steep. Also involves interior removal.
Sponsored