Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Im going in for a flex fuel dyno tune june 5th hope to get another 20 rwhp...

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
The stock valve springs are not designed for 8000 rpm pulls, you will get valve float. better safe than sorry. Yeah, it costs more but its great insurance to upgrade to a set of trickflows!!!
What he said. I know that the springs on the Gen 2 coyotes are updated (possibly Boss 302 springs from things I have heard) and should be able to handle a higher RPM range, I just don't think it would be a safe option if you are really going to be pushing the engine. I went with the Trickflow springs on my engine as well and have been told that the engine should be capable of 9000 RPM if I ever wanted to move to a stand alone and go for that RPM figure just for whatever reason. If I were to do it again I would ask Eric about the PAC springs that they offer since I mean they are PAC and they make one of the best springs on the market and see how they would compare to the Trickflow springs.

http://www.jpcracing.com/trickflow-drop-in-coyote-valve-springs/

I would look into some custom grind cams for your build as well. I mean off the shelf is nice if you are impatient, but I would really look into something that is ground to the specifications of your setup and what you would like to achieve. They cost no more than what a set of Stage 3 cams are and should make some more power. My RGR/JPC custom grind cams I knew just by looking at the specs would make more power than the off the shelf comp stage 3 and I am thoroughly impressed by them. If you are shooting for E85 I would go ahead and also look into an E85 tune since there really is nothing you have to do in order to switch over to E85 even if it is a hero run, it will just get you that much closer and it is cheap HP in the grand scheme of things.

Sponsored

Gearhead26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
What he said. I know that the springs on the Gen 2 coyotes are updated (possibly Boss 302 springs from things I have heard) and should be able to handle a higher RPM range, I just don't think it would be a safe option if you are really going to be pushing the engine. I went with the Trickflow springs on my engine as well and have been told that the engine should be capable of 9000 RPM if I ever wanted to move to a stand alone and go for that RPM figure just for whatever reason. If I were to do it again I would ask Eric about the PAC springs that they offer since I mean they are PAC and they make one of the best springs on the market and see how they would compare to the Trickflow springs.

http://www.jpcracing.com/trickflow-drop-in-coyote-valve-springs/

I would look into some custom grind cams for your build as well. I mean off the shelf is nice if you are impatient, but I would really look into something that is ground to the specifications of your setup and what you would like to achieve. They cost no more than what a set of Stage 3 cams are and should make some more power. My RGR/JPC custom grind cams I knew just by looking at the specs would make more power than the off the shelf comp stage 3 and I am thoroughly impressed by them. If you are shooting for E85 I would go ahead and also look into an E85 tune since there really is nothing you have to do in order to switch over to E85 even if it is a hero run, it will just get you that much closer and it is cheap HP in the grand scheme of things.
sean wright that you?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out there is a vp racing fuels store like 6miles from my house. I spoke with them today and they sell c-85 which is a more potent mixture of e-85. Hp increase is a bonified %5 over regular e-85. This is what I'm showing up with when i get my flex fuel tune! It costs $58 for five gallons. Should help us get closer to 500 rwhp!

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Comparisons:

Stock 2013/14 GT= 57 (265N) to 146lbs (650N)

Boss 302= 67lbs (300N) to 157lbs (700N) RETAIL: $120.00

Livernois= 70lbs to 190lbs RETAIL: $319.99

MMR= 95lbs to 198lbs (includes retainers) RETAIL: $499.99

Trick Flow 1 = 80lbs to 180lbs RETAIL: $319.00

Trick Flow 2 = 115lbs to 300lbs. RETAIL: $399

Ferrea = 90lbs to 190lbs RETAIL: $379.95

[ame]

Last edited:

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
If your not experiencing valve float just remember that stiffer springs also rob a little power from being harder to compress. If your not FI or revving to 8500-9000 rpm I'm not sure if valve springs are needed for a 500whp build. It isn't very expensive insurance against valve float for the parts, but the labor to replace all 32 (or pita) can add quite a bit for both. If it is proven to need them for 8000rpm and 500whp then I am all in, if not I am gonna take my chances with my stock Boss springs.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If your not experiencing valve float just remember that stiffer springs also rob a little power from being harder to compress. If your not FI or revving to 8500-9000 rpm I'm not sure if valve springs are needed for a 500whp build. It isn't very expensive insurance against valve float for the parts, but the labor to replace all 32 (or pita) can add quite a bit for both. If it is proven to need them for 8000rpm and 500whp then I am all in, if not I am gonna take my chances with my stock Boss springs.
Stage 3 cams like i got require the stiffer springs! Most guys dont have stage 3 cams! So the stock /boss springs should suffice!

Last edited:

Gearhead26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Stage 3 cams like i got require the stiffer springs! Most guys dont have stage 3 cams! So the stock /boss springs should suffice!
Say what?! Comp cams stage 3 NA cams are NSR! take a guess what NSR means!!

No! Springs Required!!

COMP Cams® 2015 Ford Mustang Coyote CR Series Camshafts are the first new cam and core series for 2015 and later Coyote engines. New lobes improve upon the 2011-2014 XFI™ Camshaft Series and feature faster ramps, more lift and more area under the lift curve. The cams work with stock 2015 valve springs and the new Ford mid-lock phaser system without requiring limiters or any other phaser modifications. Three grinds are available for naturally aspirated engines with two designed specifically for blower applications. All are no-springs-required for easily installation in the vehicle. However, two spring kits (part nos. 26113 and 26125) are available for those that would like more spring with high boost or who really want to push RPM limits. COMP Cams® 2015 Ford Mustang Coyote CR Series Camshafts are the absolute best way to unlock the power potential of the brand new Coyote engine. They are also available for 2011-2014 Ford Coyote applications.

disclaimer!! i dont know why i added all the ! marks!! lol.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I dont have 2011-2014 nsr springs, I've got the newer more aggressive cr springs designed for the 15-17 coyote motor!! The newer motor has bigger valves for better flow!

And just because it says nsr doesn't mean you cant upgrade to a better more reliable longer lasting spring!

Last edited:

Gearhead26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
i was being sarcastic with the ! and umm yes that is exactly what i copy and pasted from the beefcake site.

i was looking for the comp cams list of part numbers i have saved somewhere.

what part number are yours?

there is a difference between "required" and "suggested"

comp cams for the 2015 + CR line up cam part numbers 243440are listed as NOT requiring springs.

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/243440.html

COMP Cams® 2015 Ford Mustang Coyote CR Series Camshafts are the first new cam and core series for 2015 and later Coyote engines. New lobes improve upon the 2011-2014 XFI™ Camshaft Series and feature faster ramps, more lift and more area under the lift curve. The cams work with stock 2015 valve springs and the new Ford mid-lock phaser system without requiring limiters or any other phaser modifications. Three grinds are available for naturally aspirated engines with two designed specifically for blower applications. All are no-springs-required for easily installation in the vehicle. However, two spring kits (part nos. 26113 and 26125) are available for those that would like more spring with high boost or who really want to push RPM limits. COMP Cams® 2015 Ford Mustang Coyote CR Series Camshafts are the absolute best way to unlock the power potential of the brand new Coyote engine. They are also available for 2011-2014 Ford Coyote applications.

Lastly dont let the post count fool youve ive been here for quite a while.

Gearhead26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I dont have 2011-2014 nsr springs, I've got the newer more aggressive cr springs designed for the 15-17 coyote motor!!

Read up my young padawan:

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/243440.html
lol that is the exact same page i copied the info from.....:frusty::headbonk:

Edit. BTW comp makes more than one lineup of NA cams for the coyotes call them and ask i have.

However not very many vendors sell them besides the 243440 part # CR lineup cams.

^^^^ quoted you before the ninja edit..... i think you are confusing required and suggested.

And umm yeah i know the gen2s have different springs.

the gen2 can also run some cams without phase locks that the gen1 coyote is required to use.
Sponsored

Last edited: