• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

For Sale : Trufiber Carbon Hood Vents *PRICE DROP!*

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Trufiber Carbon Hood Vents​

I purchased these as part of my plan to add carbon fiber to the exterior. However, I have the dreaded corrosion of my hood on the drivers side near the headlight, so I am now planning to purchase a Cervinis hood in the next couple months rather than get my OEM hood repainted. SO...no point for me to install these since I won't be keeping my stock hood for much longer.

They come from Trufiber with the mesh in a bright silver color, I wasn't a fan of the silver mesh, so I had them sprayed matte black. Very clean job and looks a lot better IMO :)

These have the mounting clips on the bottom, like the stock vents, so they clip into place and are a complete replacement for the OEM vents. Plug and Play to install. Not some cheap overlays, these are a complete replacement vent assembly.

These are $350 on American Muscle. Selling for $SOLD shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Thanks!
Tim

Last edited:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Wouldn't your hood issue be under warranty ? I sure hope it would

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Good point.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Bump with a price drop.

High quality genuine carbon hood vents for a great price :)

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Given the fact I have a aftermarket supercharger kit on it, I'm not going near a dealership ;)
This doesn't change anything. Warrantied work is warrantied work. Unless somehow your supercharger is responsible for corroding the paint, they can and should fix it.

Now... if your issue is not wanting to leave that sort of massive power in the hands of some inexperienced tech, then I completely understand. LOL :lol::lol:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
This doesn't change anything. Warrantied work is warrantied work. Unless somehow your supercharger is responsible for corroding the paint, they can and should fix it.

Now... if your issue is not wanting to leave that sort of massive power in the hands of some inexperienced tech, then I completely understand. LOL :lol::lol:
Nail on the head. I could try and get it done under warranty, but leaving my car with a ford tech isn't going to happen. I do all the mechanical work on the car myself :thumbsup:

mac11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB

but then they have evidence of your power adder if you ever come in with a stock level car.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Thread back on track... BUMP for these sexy carbon vents!

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Bump...save $100 off new!

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Woot get the new hood, file warranty claim on old hood, drop new hood off for paint. They are still painting a hood!

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
SOLD

Last edited: