Sponsored

Mbrp race semi review

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Installed the Mbrp race today in my garage, and it was surprisingly easy :cheers: Car sounds a lot better with a aftermarket system on it and my rev match down shifts seem to have improved since I can't actually hear the exhaust lmao. Packaging was decent even tho the H pipe had a small ding on it. Overall for being one of the cheaper catbacks on the market I'm pretty satisfied :ford:
Sponsored

Msteers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT M6
Thanks for the write up!

So you end up going with stainless or aluminized?

OP
OP
BasicS550

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Thanks for the write up!

So you end up going with stainless or aluminized?
I went with the stainless! Overall as a whole the systems "fit and finish" was good! Defiantly a good bang for your buck mod :headbang:

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
How is the drone? CJ pony parts said it's loud but not annoying drone?

OP
OP
BasicS550

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
There is some drone on highway speeds, but nothing you can't live with. I've had it installed a few days now and I'm actually surprised on how quiet it really is.

Sponsored

Msteers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT M6
There is some drone on highway speeds, but nothing you can't live with. I've had it installed a few days now and I'm actually surprised on how quiet it really is.
Quiet as in drone or quiet as in overall exhaust volume?

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
I installed one of these as well. The drone is very... and I mean very minimal. Maybe in 6th at 2k with load on the engine. The exhaust is loud but loud with very good tone. Very deep, very aggressive. No rasp what so ever where I found the street to sound a little raspy.

OP
OP
BasicS550

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Quiet as in drone or quiet as in overall exhaust volume?
Both lol! I heard the drone was gonna be really noticeable, which its there but not as bad as I thought untill I installed it myself. The overall loudness as well is a bit quiter then what I was expecting.

OP
OP
BasicS550

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
I installed one of these as well. The drone is very... and I mean very minimal. Maybe in 6th at 2k with load on the engine. The exhaust is loud but loud with very good tone. Very deep, very aggressive. No rasp what so ever where I found the street to sound a little raspy.
+1 :thumbsup:

Msteers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT M6
Both lol! I heard the drone was gonna be really noticeable, which its there but not as bad as I thought untill I installed it myself. The overall loudness as well is a bit quiter then what I was expecting.
Sounds like long tubes would make it perfect!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BasicS550

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Sounds like long tubes would make it perfect!
Couldn't agree more lol. I've been looking at the catless kooks LT and I'm pretty set on mating them with the Mbrp race. Maybe a corsa extreme catback down the road for some extra sound

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
I gotta agree that its quieter then expected for a race exhaust. drone seems to be 1900rpm under a load but isnt as bad as my past flowmasters/macs/magnaflows on my other stangs.

OP
OP
BasicS550

BasicS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
I gotta agree that its quieter then expected for a race exhaust. drone seems to be 1900rpm under a load but isnt as bad as my past flowmasters/macs/magnaflows on my other stangs.
Right? I feel any exhaust labeled "race" should be louder then a typical exhaust or a "street" exhaust. Idk tho, I've alwasy been a fan of obnoxiously loud exhausts, I'm hoping some LT will bring me there

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
good deal!