MBRP Race Exhaust Review

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Alright I'm sold! Going to order this week.
Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Maybe I'm just more sensitive to drone, but I ended up taking mine off because it started to get ridiculous. At first, I didn't really notice it either. However, a couple months later it pretty much brought out every single tiny rattle and/or vibration you can think of cabin wise (really emphasizing how cheap these cars are put together).

I seriously think it is one of the best sounding systems, but I just couldn't tolerate the drone. Especially after I took a 12 hour road trip with it once. Yeah, it got removed immediately after I returned home.
Have a pair of resonators welded in staggered. It will kill the drone.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
MBRP has some info on how to "fix" the exhaust from hugging the valance, and it's a little different depending on which system you have.. I have the aluminized system, and here's what they emailed me for that particular system.

"Remove the muffler assembly from the H pipe.

On the end that connects to the H pipe, cuto two slots in the pipe end with a hacksaw approximately 1 to 1.5" in length.

This will allow the pipe to grab better to the H pipe and stay in place, don't be afraid to tighten this down with a airgun."

Just thought i'd drop that info, and it's apparently a little different depending on which system you bought, so you may want to email them for more info.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I installed the MBRP Race exhaust system a couple of days ago. Great sound - my Stang now growls! IMHO this is one of the best (if not the best) exhaust systems out there for the EcoBoost. On idle the sound is deep and when you simply "touch" the throttle you can hear a low growl coming out of the car. When you go WOT, it gets wild! But this is what you want, isn't it? Definitely love the sound, it's a different car - a head turner!

Below I post a YouTube video that I made. I have to tell you though, in reality the MBRPs sound significantly better than on video (not only mine, but any video that I have seen on YouTube).

[ame]

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Holy thread revival batman! You just woke up the dead!

But I do agree, the exhaust sounds so much better in person.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Holy thread revival batman! You just woke up the dead!

But I do agree, the exhaust sounds so much better in person.
Yeah, I like to make some noise! I just installed the MBRPs and I guess I am excited about it! But I want to emphasize again: they sound so much better in person.

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
Yeah, I like to make some noise! I just installed the MBRPs and I guess I am excited about it! But I want to emphasize again: they sound so much better in person.
Geia sou file Maki!

Welcome to the club of MBRP Race owners - you have made a great choice for your car, it's one of the best exhausts for the Ecoboost. You're probably the only person in Athens to have this car with this exhaust, and similarly I'm the only one in London ;)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
p0werslave good to hear from you! Yes they are fantastic. It's been ten days since I installed them and the sound - even in the cabin - is really good. The only problem now is that I do not listen to the music anymore every time I drive my car - I prefer to listen to the MBRP sound!

I will PM you my contacts, so let me when you get to Athens. There is another guy with a Mustang EB (there are many of us here in Athens as you may know) and every now and then we take our ponies out for a ride. Will be glad to meet you.

One question: I saw than you have installed the Accessport (stage 1). Are you happy with it? Do you reaaly see a difference? Did they have to make a custom tune to account for the MBRPs or you are using Cobb's generic tune? We are also thinking of tuning our cars through Mountune, using the Accessport. Will be good to know your experience so far.

Mustang unites!

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Since the thread was bumped I'll give an almost 1 year update. Since buying the MBRP race I have heard a few other exhausts on EBs. The MBRP Race is still my favorite. I have gone on 4 hour road trips and the drone doesn't bother me at all since it is barely noticeable and so smooth. The slightest bit of music will mask the drone. The exhaust still reminds me of an inline 6. Like an N54 with no rasp or high pitch. For anyone looking for an inexpensive exhaust (I paid $540 shipped) that sounds great and doesn't weigh much (saves about 40lbs over stock catback) I have plans to make an exhaust video with a professional microphone. Stay posted.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Palmtrees&2.3s thanks for the update. I agree. I installed them 10 days ago. Here is my experience so far. For some reason, the first day they were loud, with some drone in the cabin. After 30-40 km (sorry but I live in Europe) the drone disappeared almost completely and you can hear a nice, aggressive, deep sound. The drone is barely noticeable - actually I wouldn't call it a drone, it's the sound of the engine as the gases "flow through" the exhaust, producing this way a nice aggressive growl. Same thing on the outside: a nice deep head-turning roar. This is the sound that you would like to hear coming out of a Mustang.

There is one big problem though... I do not use the car stereo anymore - I just want to listen to my car growling! In brief, this is definitely the best exhaust system for the EcoBoost.

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
By the way, Palmtrees&2.3s are you happy with the cp-e intercooler? Do you have a tune for that? Have you noticed significant improvements in hp and torque?

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
By the way, Palmtrees&2.3s are you happy with the cp-e intercooler? Do you have a tune for that? Have you noticed significant improvements in hp and torque?
I love the CP-E intercooler, I definitely feel a big difference. I'm in florida and sometimes I could literally feel the engine pulling timing. Pulls would stop at around 4000rpm and the car would fall on its face. I have no tune and it definitely woke up the stock tune. Someone did a dyno comparison chart in the CP-E thread awhile back with dyno numbers. CP-E intercooler will retain up to 60hp at the top of the rev range. I plan on tuning but just have warranty concerns.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I love the CP-E intercooler, I definitely feel a big difference. I'm in florida and sometimes I could literally feel the engine pulling timing. Pulls would stop at around 4000rpm and the car would fall on its face. I have no tune and it definitely woke up the stock tune. Someone did a dyno comparison chart in the CP-E thread awhile back with dyno numbers. CP-E intercooler will retain up to 60hp at the top of the rev range. I plan on tuning but just have warranty concerns.
I also have warranty concerns, that's why I asked. I am also thinking of adding a cp-e intercooler. Maybe the simultaneous installation of a 3" downpipe before the MBRPs would help extract a bit more hp and torque without the need to tune. Any ideas?
Sponsored