Sponsored

Has your engine been reliable, some issues or blown?

Has your engine been relaible?

• Enigne has had no problems and has been relaible.

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • Engine has given me issues but has not blown.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Engine has blown.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
I light of the post/poll for "Have you blown an engine? If so, what rod (cylinder) failed?" which is a great post I thought lets start another along side highlighting if your engine has been reliable, had some issues or as blown. Miles, year, engine built location and mods are also welcomed to see and compare.

As of right now I have 22k miles on my 2015. Spain built engine. Has been completely reliable and never gave me a problem. I've had the FP tune on for about 2k miles with a mishimoto intercooler and NGK Plugs from tune+ which where all installed around the same time. Have had a UPR dual valve catch can since 8k miles.
Sponsored

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
2016 cleveland with almost 19k. Mishi intake and MAP street intercooler. Unleashed tuned since 2k miles with zero issues.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
2015 w/Roush blower since 20 miles.... had issues with original tune. No issues with Lund tune or updated Roush tune. I'm currently at 26,000 miles with over 50 10 second passes on the car. I daily the car and do not take it easy......

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
No issues, stock aside from K&N, bits go on in next week or 2 and then tune. But after 8k kms everything is fine and happy.

2015 w/Roush blower since 20 miles.... had issues with original tune. No issues with Lund tune or updated Roush tune. I'm currently at 26,000 miles with over 50 10 second passes on the car. I daily the car and do not take it easy......
Is this in an EB or GT?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Wrong Engine section but glad it's holding up for you.

I have a June 15 build date Cleveland Engine, 28,000 miles You can see my mods in my sig (full bolt-ons big turbo E30) Tuned less than 25 hours after delivery (Over 2 years now) daily driven on the autobahn and repeated runs to 170mph. Engine has been faultless. It has that timing cover oil weep that 2.3s are known for but I'm hesitant to let a dealership tear into it when it's so minor.

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
All bolt on from day one pro tuned 400 whp 400 torque e30
2016 Cleveland motor with turbo blanket and Vargas stage 2 turbo upgrade best motor ever owned 30,000 on the clock. the 2.3 turbo Mercury Capri is a close second.

:ford:

Last edited:

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Mine has been good. Flashed the ECU at 180 miles on the odo, and it has not been stock since. Almost at 29k now. Mine has an 11/2014 build date, so a Valencia motor.

It went in for service in I believe Feb of 2015 for the smoking at idle, and IIRC the head did come off the car. This was before Ford identified the PCV as the issue.

Any problems I have had aside from the smoke I blame myself for.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
2016 Cleveland motor, ~27K miles. Have had FP tune since ~16K miles, MAP street IC, borla s-type axelback, oil changes every 5K miles, never had any issues.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
No idea what an enigne is. Hoping it was French for engine! :lol:

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Wifes Ecoboost has 22K on a 2016 EB. So far all I have done to her car is a drop in Green Filter and Tune+ plugs.

She wants a new catback yet but cant decide which one she wants.

No issues so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
LuckyJerk

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
No idea what an enigne is. Hoping it was French for engine! :lol:
Haha darn I should have spell checked :doh::lol:

Reactions: Ebm

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
FP tuned since about 13k miles currently at 18xx miles with no issues of any kind, with IC CP-E Delta core and had the PCV replaced with updated high flow unit, that's about as far I will go with mods.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
2016 Cleveland motor, ~27K miles. Have had FP tune since ~16K miles, MAP street IC, borla s-type axelback, oil changes every 5K miles, never had any issues.
I wonder what the issue/failure rate has been for engines that had their oil changed as frequently. I haven’t let my car go past 4800 miles without a change of the oil.

Mine is stock tune. Had a TSB update to the tune for a code I’d have to look up.
Have have the oil weep Glen spoke about, had the oil line replaced from the top of the turbo but still have the issue.

Evap part replaced need to get the info for this post.

Getting steering noise when driven for 50 minutes in traffic. Dealer can’t recreate it.

2/15 build Valencia engine.

Getting ATM IC tomorrow. May go Ford tune even though I’m at 37k.

Koni yellow, Eibach prokit, steeda kbrace, steeda swaybars and endlinks, steeda camber plates.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I wonder what the issue/failure rate has been for engines that had their oil changed as frequently. I haven’t let my car go past 4800 miles without a change of the oil.

Mine is stock tune. Had a TSB update to the tune for a code I’d have to look up.
Have have the oil weep Glen spoke about, had the oil line replaced from the top of the turbo but still have the issue.

Getting steering noise when driven for 50 minutes in traffic. Dealer can’t recreate it.

Koni yellow, Eibach prokit, steeda kbrace, steeda swaybars and endlinks, steeda camber plates.
Oil weep is from the timing cover. It has to come off for a fix unfortunately. If it doesn't get worse I'll take it in right before the warranty expires.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros

doubt people have gone beyond 7.5-10k suggested interval, even 5k is considered for EXTREME conditions, and that's on Synthetic blend. I am myself running Motorcraft Fullsyth since they run and test all their ecoboosts with it (motorcraft oil that is). Better question is how what type of oil were they running when it blew? Also since cooling is becoming the focus of attention I also wonder how many people with the PP which has the larger radiator vs the non PP, still might be skewed since most people don't have the PP but still.
Sponsored