Sponsored

Spash guards for white cars

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Although this might seem silly to you, but I just cannot take it anymore and need a solution - will running splash guards protect my sides from tiny pieces of rubber that fly off my tires?

I have an Oxford White car and love to give it a good ol' 2 bucket wash and detail. As you can imagine it takes a bit of time to complete the process, but believe me there is nothing worse than spending X hours washing your car just to get it ruined in 1 frickin' drive. I don't know if it's the Summer tires' compound or just lack of experience owning a set of performance Summer tires, but my Yoko S.Drives fling little pieces of rubber ALL OVER my sides. It's obnoxious and infuriating to the point that I don't bother washing my car for a long time because it feels like a waste of time. :frusty:

The only solution I can think of is splash guards. Can anyone with experience of this issue confirm that splash guards actually help? I'd hate to waste $$ for no reason.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Welcome to the white car life. This is my first white colored car and it can be a daunting task. After every drive I have to wipe down my whole back end of the car and the rear bottom sides of road grime/dirt. I've thought about just having them done with PPF.

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I think I actually figured it out. I believe it was my tire shine. Last time I washed the car I didn't apply it and it's been pretty clean since last week.
Sponsored