Sponsored

ordering current shape in november

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
Hi all, I had a test drive in the current shape 5.0 V8 GT last week. I loved it, because of the pcp on my current Audi i have arranged to go back on the 19th november and order a race red one. Ford dealer was fine with this so i told him to give me a ring if Ford stop taking orders before then. He says they won't, I told him that the new model is expected in europe in march 2018 in left hand drive. He says it won't be in the uk until the end of 2018.
Now somebody on pistonheads mustang forum has told me they are not making the one i am ordering anymore. Confused
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I think they're already done building 2017 cars. Pretty sure of that, in fact.

OP
OP

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
I think they're already done building 2017 cars. Pretty sure of that, in fact.
Thats why i'm confused, the Ford dealer says I will still be able to order in november and they took two new orders whilst i was there last week

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thats why i'm confused, the Ford dealer says I will still be able to order in november and they took two new orders whilst i was there last week
A few possible reasons;

1. He's an idiot.
2. He's got bad information.
3. He's a scum-bag ripping people off.
4. He's lying to you.

It doesn't matter, you have the facts now.

OP
OP

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
A few possible reasons;

1. He's an idiot.
2. He's got bad information.
3. He's a scum-bag ripping people off.
4. He's lying to you.

It doesn't matter, you have the facts now.
Yep, the facts and an appointment to order a new Mustang at 2pm on the 19th november:doh:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Moved to the UK section to try and avoid additional confusion.

Once again, UK dealers making it up as they go along.......

No more current shape ('17MY) RHD cars are being built.

UK dealers currently cannot take orders for the new 18MY facelift yet.

A UK dear should be able to try and locate a '17MY car in stock similar to your spec.

Good info recently posted by another member regarding the '18MY facelift car:

Schedule:
IAA 2017 (September) - Release of pricing & brochures
Q4 2017 - Order banks open
Q1 2018 - Production starts
Q2 2018 - Official launch

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
The dealer probably hopes to secure your spec from stock, as there are not that many options on the 17 models, and quite a few cars available.

However, if ordering in November (or now even) as others have mentioned it will NOT be a dedicated factory build for you. Nothing wrong with that, in fact if you are lucky enough to match up a stock car it means a much quicker delivery.

However, the risk is no current 17 shape cars to your spec, and no 18 deliveries until probably June or July 2018.

OP
OP

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
The dealer probably hopes to secure your spec from stock, as there are not that many options on the 17 models, and quite a few cars available.

However, if ordering in November (or now even) as others have mentioned it will NOT be a dedicated factory build for you. Nothing wrong with that, in fact if you are lucky enough to match up a stock car it means a much quicker delivery.

However, the risk is no current 17 shape cars to your spec, and no 18 deliveries until probably June or July 2018.
Thanks for that, thats what i think too. I'm after a race red 5.0 GT with no options, he must think he can find one already built and sell it to me as new.
Has anybody got a date when they stopped making them so i can put him straight next time he rings me.
Having said no options I am hoping to put rousch exhausts on it instead:cheers:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Won't be that many no option cars out there although there were a few orders that were placed wrong by the dealers. They will love to get rid of these as most want all the options ticked.
Any reason you don't want the options? will help resale when it comes.

Sure I can't tempt you with a deep impact blue GT with 8k miles? I know a nice one for sale

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Now somebody on pistonheads mustang forum has told me they are not making the one i am ordering anymore. Confused
That was me :). Welcome to Mustang6G. You'll get plenty of good info over here. Sadly the majority of dealers know nothing, but worse still, can't be ar$ed to find out.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all, I had a test drive in the current shape 5.0 V8 GT last week. I loved it, because of the pcp on my current Audi i have arranged to go back on the 19th november and order a race red one. Ford dealer was fine with this so i told him to give me a ring if Ford stop taking orders before then. He says they won't, I told him that the new model is expected in europe in march 2018 in left hand drive. He says it won't be in the uk until the end of 2018.
Your best bet is to contact Karen ([email protected]) and ask them to find one in the spec you are after.

back in Feb i was after a stock car, and she found several for me in the space of a few days. I too was after one with no options. As it turs out the only one they foubd me was fully loaded with stripes, hence I went for a new order. Anyway, rumour is that dealerships ordered stock so you may get lucky :)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I suspect it will be coming from the dealers stock as my dealer will have around 40 coming into stock in the next month or two, as they have been allocated x amount of stock to sell before the new 18 arrived

OP
OP

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
Won't be that many no option cars out there although there were a few orders that were placed wrong by the dealers. They will love to get rid of these as most want all the options ticked.
Any reason you don't want the options? will help resale when it comes.

Sure I can't tempt you with a deep impact blue GT with 8k miles? I know a nice one for sale
I only do around 5000 miles per year mancester airport twice a year and a mile each way to work every day, had sat nav on my last 4 cars and never used it. Same with heated seats, i'm at work before they heat up. Oh and my Audis got parking sensors and they annoy the hell out of me they bleep like mad when your miles off what your reversing up to.
Deep blue sounds very nice, but ive got my heart set on race red (mrs won't let me have yellow), i will keep yours in mind though.:cheers:
No resale i'm 53 i'm keeping it to leave to my daughter

OP
OP

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
Your best bet is to contact Karen ([email protected]) and ask them to find one in the spec you are after.

back in Feb i was after a stock car, and she found several for me in the space of a few days. I too was after one with no options. As it turs out the only one they foubd me was fully loaded with stripes, hence I went for a new order. Anyway, rumour is that dealerships ordered stock so you may get lucky :)
Thanks, i did say to him if one turned up with options on that i hadn't ordered i would take it as long as he didn't expect me to pay for options i hadn't ordered

OP
OP

merc 450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 5.0 GT
That was me :). Welcome to Mustang6G. You'll get plenty of good info over here. Sadly the majority of dealers know nothing, but worse still, can't be ar$ed to find out.
Thanks for the link mate, when i was on the test drive i told him people on pistonheads had been having thier new cars undersealed, he looked at me like i was stupid and said "why underseal a new car"
Sponsored