New Product: - GT350 'Extreme' Alcantara Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I really like the steering wheel on my 2018 WRX. Something about the size of it feels better than the bigger wheel on the Mustang.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
[MENTION=22907]dron_jones[/MENTION] did a great write up as did [MENTION=22916]Zombo[/MENTION] I think (?) on these steering wheels. As DJ said he missed the thicker M steering wheels as do I. It is one of the very few things I miss from my M4 so I like that they use Nappa leather (I'm not a fan of alcantara) and it looks to be as thick as the M wheels. I don't really like the shape of the bottom of the wheel, but I'll wait to see it in person to judge it better. Mine is supposed to arrive this Saturday and I plan on doing the switch then so I should have more thoughts on it soon.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I think the extra grip @J_Maher_AMG is referring to are the "bulges" at the base of the wheel. Whereas, my wheel is smooth in that area.

Ahhh...I like them both. That extra grip is slick looking though.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I think the extra grip [MENTION=24324]J_Maher_AMG[/MENTION] is referring to are the "bulges" at the base of the wheel. Whereas, my wheel is smooth in that area.
Nailed it! That zoomed pic also shows the 2 curvatures on the outside of the wheel where I would prefer a single continuous curve.

Ahhh...I like them both. That extra grip is slick looking though.
It does look cool, but has zero functionality in my opinion, and would actually be a hindrance I think having a wheel that constantly varies it its diameter and thickness.

I would simply prefer a thicker steering wheel as is pictured directly aboe (the one in all leather) but with a single curvature to the outside of the wheel and no extra grips on the inside on the bottom, as I don't believe them to be necessary. Then make the side grips Alcantara and the top/bottom Nappa leather (think AMG's steering wheel) and it would be a real winner in my books :cheers:

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
[MENTION=24957]Minn19[/MENTION]

Heres a preview...

Love the thickness of that wheel, and the smooth inside curvature on bottom, but would still like the outside to be more uniform and smooth looking. Attached a couple of pictures for reference in terms of the Alcantara/Leather combo that I think would be sweet. Also attached an M steering wheel to show the outside curvature being smooth and uniform without, what I feel, to be unnecessary grooves or points that are there for a aggressive look.
fa75Q5k.jpg
F80_Wheel-1.jpg

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look. And the extra bulges personally...... Time to start saving.......

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
The AMG wheel is stunning.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Somewhat better picture of my installation.

I went with all solid leather because I didn't like the feel of the Alcantara on the OEM wheel and was concerned with keeping it clean in the long haul. I selected black stitching to match the OEM shift boot and parking brake and skipped the center stripe because I was concerned that it would not be perfectly symmetrical and didn't see the need for having and extra pair of stitched seams. Very happy with the final product! I don't want to speak for Beith, but you can pretty much order whatever you want, within reason, it seems.
wheel10.jpg

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

I went with all solid leather because I didn't like the feel of the Alcantara on the OEM wheel and was concerned with keeping it clean in the long haul. I selected black stitching to match the OEM shift boot and parking brake and skipped the center stripe because I was concerned that it would not be perfectly symmetrical and didn't see the need for having and extra pair of stitched seems. Very happy with the final product! I don't want to speak for Beith, but you can pretty much order whatever you want, within reason, it seems.
Nice pic, thanks Zombo, but get that V1 mounted and wire tapped to your rear view mirror or visor. :cheers: I just did that a month ago and I love it

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice pic, thanks Zombo, but get that V1 mounted and wire tapped to your rear view mirror or visor. :cheers: I just did that a month ago and I love it
Thanks! I'll look into that. I recently moved it from my Audi, where I did have it mounted in a stealthy way.

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels

I went with all solid leather because I didn't like the feel of the Alcantara on the OEM wheel and was concerned with keeping it clean in the long haul. I selected black stitching to match the OEM shift boot and parking brake and skipped the center stripe because I was concerned that it would not be perfectly symmetrical and didn't see the need for having and extra pair of stitched seems. Very happy with the final product! I don't want to speak for Beith, but you can pretty much order whatever you want, within reason, it seems.
Interested in selling your stocker?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested in selling your stocker?
Sorry, I'm not. I'm maintaining the option of changing back to stock. It only had a $95 core charge to keep it - I assume you could get a new one from a dealer at a similar cost?

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

Very nice. Beith, how much does this exact wheel cost?
Is the install easy/do it yourself for someone who is OK with installs (can do sway bars, change wheels but nothing too advanced).

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350

That looks great! Had not given much thought to deleting the center stripe but it is a nice clean look. All leather is the way I have been wanting to go as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.