Sponsored

UK sequential indicator supplier

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Would just like to add to this thread that I've had almost the exact same issue as [MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION].

Sequencers worked fine with just the ignition on, but after a couple minutes of the engine running the right-hand side fails. Thankfully it caused hyperflashing on the dash so I was alerted to it quickly. Failure also takes out the side indicator in the wing mirror but not the front. Tried a few things to diagnose the problem but after brake lights on both sides briefly stopped working I decided to just take them out for safety's sake.

Update: I emailed EPM for advice and they got back to me straight away. Was offered refund or to wait for updated model. I took the refund and said I'd be happy to purchase again once things are sorted. Couldn't be happier with EPM's customer service.

Mine failed after 15 minutes. I thought it was a bad connection I pulled over and as I still had the tools in the back removed the sub and reconnected. Couldn't find anything wrong. Happened another 2 times before I got back. Now in the drive they're working again but I'm switching them to bypass.

[MENTION=29978]ExoticPonyMods[/MENTION] said they are being revised. Didn't offer a refund but offered to send me the revised part when it comes in.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Mine failed after 15 minutes. I thought it was a bad connection I pulled over and as I still had the tools in the back removed the sub and reconnected. Couldn't find anything wrong. Happened another 2 times before I got back. Now in the drive they're working again but I'm switching them to bypass.

ExoticPonyMods said they are being revised. Didn't offer a refund but offered to send me the revised part when it comes in.
The refunded me this afternoon. I will buy again from [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] but i'd have to be sure the problems were resolved first. I'd be a little wary that the batch they've currently got are any different to the failing ones however as EPM are still saying they're finalising the fix.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
we have received our delivery now and are working with EPM to try and see if we can shed any further light on the issues through our testing

despite the thread being extremely popular here and a number of people coming forward with problems EPM are still adamant that the number of failings is limited compared to units made and sold and therefore it is not a given that all the units we currently have will fail

first and foremost , anyone with a car without subwoofer can expect a trouble free product , I have no way of knowing those who have ordered have subs or not so we intend to carry out a series of tests here (in addition to the tests in Australia already) before we ship

all kits will be static tested without subwoofer connected , then all sets will be static tested with subwoofer connected , finally we will test all sets again on the road through usual driving conditions

the static test will be exactly that , indicators on / off , while brake light on / off , hazards tested etc and these will be done with and without sub connected

on the road we will try all the obvious combos of braking while indicating , music system on / off etc

whilst we accept that some have failed after time this is as thorough as we can be at this time , if a set pass all tests they will be sent out but of course your warranty remains valid should you see problems later on

EPMs reports to me suggest that they are confident that any problems are not in terms of build or parts quality but may simply be an interference issue which they can easily program out

without subwoofer cars in Australia they will still rely on us and other friendly UK customers to test future samples but they have managed to replicate the problem so they now have a believed long term fix in place for those that have / do suffer failures and future batches are expected to be trouble free as the V1 and V2 units were

cheers

Jason :D

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Good to hear they have come in to stock.

Looking forward to receiving mine.

Hope the testing goes well! :)

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
OK , we have tested all the kits we had in

we have 4 kits that have tested OK through all combinations of test and therefore , at this stage at least , are good for cars with subwoofer installed

baring in mind some previous issues people have had we cant say a problem wont develop but these kits have now been tested on multiple cars , with and without subs and have continued to function OK

we will send these kits out to those who are waiting

we have a further 4 kits which have tested OK in all tests except when the subwoofer is plugged in , they passed all other tests with audio running etc so these will suit any car that does not have subwoofer

if any of you that have ordered so far have a car that does not have subwoofer , let us know so we can send you on of those kits instead

we have 2 units that tested OK to start with but have remained faulty after the sub was connected and affected them

so , this batch are not perfect but 80% of them do work in the right conditions , we will change our website for the time being so any future orders require confirmation of whether the car is sub woofer equipped or not

my understanding is the next batch manufactured will be done so with new settings so that the problems encountered are removed , plus, any returned items are likely to be re programmed to suit also

cheers

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Hi Jason,
[MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION]

Thanks for the info, can you advise what that means for people with pending orders? i.e. do you have enough stock of 'good' units to satisfy the pre-orders that you have received?

Thanks

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hi Jason, [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION]
You've got a definite order from me however having done my fair share of testing "in the field" would rather wait to see how this batch perform over a little time ;)
Would appreciate it if you could keep us updated.
Thanks,
Steve.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info, can you advise what that means for people with pending orders? i.e. do you have enough stock of 'good' units to satisfy the pre-orders that you have received?

Thanks
at the moment we have enough kits to satisfy the orders , this will be eased even more if people waiting can advise if they have sub woofer or not

we have placed a further order for a larger batch next time round but of course these will not be released and shipped until they are 100%

cheers

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

That's great. Looking forward to receiving mine along with the header tank :)

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Hi Jason, [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION]
You've got a definite order from me however having done my fair share of testing "in the field" would rather wait to see how this batch perform over a little time ;)
Would appreciate it if you could keep us updated.
Thanks,
Steve.
thanks Steve

from my understanding EPM have established that the problem isn't a design or component failure its an interference issue, which they feel they can program out within the chipset

this means that some of the units that have failed could potentially be returned and re programmed and the next batch will be programmed accordingly so that they don't fail

this batch I have had has not had that programming so they could still have the same problems but they have been tested way beyond any previous quality tests and therefore the ones I'm sending out to people have a much higher % chance of remaining fault free

I have just submitted a new bulk order to EPM and expect that full new batch to be 100% and work faultlessly but they wont ship until they can guarantee that

we will also ship the next batch via courier to speed up the process between the shipper and destination

cheers

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Reactions: JWR

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Received my set from [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] today and managed to install just as it got dark.

The bad news - drivers side is OK, hazards are OK but the passenger side
indicates OK for a few flashes then misses a flash or two then works OK (when flashes are missed the dash hyperflashes).

Since it's now dark I'm leaving it until tomorrow - I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting and check if the side indicator also fails as [MENTION=21452]DonKarlos[/MENTION] reported. Might also try switching the units to the opposite side and see what happens.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Received my set from [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] today and managed to install just as it got dark.

The bad news - drivers side is OK, hazards are OK but the passenger side
indicates OK for a few flashes then misses a flash or two then works OK (when flashes are missed the dash hyperflashes).

Since it's now dark I'm leaving it until tomorrow - I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting and check if the side indicator also fails as [MENTION=21452]DonKarlos[/MENTION] reported. Might also try switching the units to the opposite side and see what happens.

Is this a set that has been checked as 'ok' ?