Sponsored

Full bolt on, aaand 373 gears...video inside..

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
shelbyauctions on ebay has both a 3.55 and 3.73 listed now.
Thats were I got mine paid under 170
how much was the freight shipping costs?

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
how much was the freight shipping costs?
I contacted the seller with my zip and they gave me a figure of $100.
But when the sale was completed shipping was included with the bid. Odd
I have also pick up GT brakes from them.

I forget to mention during the installation I aligned the yellow marking on the 3.55 carrier
to my drive shaft yellow marking no vibration.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
nice. thanks

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Won the bid for 3.55 but when I asked about shipping it said they wouldn't ship to Pa. Sent a message, we'll see...

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
well won a shelby ebay auction on takeoffs for both the GT calipers/rotors and the 3.73 pumpkin. Waiting on the response for combined shipping costs. I'm at 500 for both before shipping now.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I got gouged shipping combined for both, but I'm stationed in the middle of nowhere so it was expected. but for 625 total for both takeoff items shipped to door I won't complain. makes me a bit sad I could have gotten everything free off a pickup if I still was stationed in Las Vegas.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So what is everyone's opinion? 3.55's or 3.73's?

I have the auto so I think I might be better served with the 3.55s... I found a carrier assembly on ebay from LKQ for the 3.55's and 3.73's but they do not list whether they are from an Auto or Manual unfortunately... Also, do our half shafts fit the 3.55/3.73's? I am seeing 31 spline and 34 spline axles out there with the Ford Performance unit requiring 34 spline when I believe our stock half shafts are 31 spline.

Last edited:

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
well won a shelby ebay auction on takeoffs for both the GT calipers/rotors and the 3.73 pumpkin. Waiting on the response for combined shipping costs. I'm at 500 for both before shipping now.
That’s a sweet deal!

OP
OP
fordguys550

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Question Will all 15 and newer mustang differential carrier be interchangeable know matter what model my cars is . I am looking at a 355 set up if I switch Can I use any sct scanner On my car .Meaning can I just borrow one to recalibrate my speedometer and shift. Points .?

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Question Will all 15 and newer mustang differential carrier be interchangeable know matter what model my cars is . I am looking at a 355 set up if I switch Can I use any sct scanner On my car .Meaning can I just borrow one to recalibrate my speedometer and shift. Points .?
PINION FLANGE is different between the auto and manuals.
I needed no adjustment with a recal with the 6M but wounder if the autos may need more than the SCT can provide.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Keep this in mind.
15-17 units will physically bolt in place / interchange BUT:

If you are swapping a differential that came OUT of a manual car INTO a car with the automatic, you'll need the appropriate pinion flange so the automatic driveshaft bolts up:

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.co...2016-mustang-automatic-irs-flange-m-4851-m8a/

Also - ALL manual transmission equipped cars came with an IRON differential and automatics come with aluminum.

You can normally tell simply by looking at them. Cast iron will rust / turn brown. Aluminum will not. Iron is of course stronger.

Also using a tuner WILL NOT reprogram your axle ratio. The '15 and up use the ABS wheel / speed sensor. That info is contained / changed in the BCM - not the ECU - which is what the tuner accesses.

Good news - if you are switching from the stock 3.15 gears to 3.55 the ABS / wheel sensor has a wide enough range to compensate. I swapped from 3.15 to 3.55 in my car and the speedo was DEAD ON before and after.

I have since switched the info in the BCM using FORScan.

ALSO keep in mind- if you have an automatic, the switch MAY mess with your programmed shift points. If you have a tune you can tell them the gears and I'm assuming they make changes in shift points. If you are manual, it doesn't matter - YOU are doing the shifting..well...manually.

:D
Sponsored