OP
OP

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Don't forget that Autos have an Adaptive Learning feature. If the battery has been disconnected or you've been driving like Miss Daisy then the tranny has to relearn its strategy for more 'spirited' use.

I have a Ford Performance resonator delete X-pipe on my GT Auto and I don't think it provides a noticeable performance improvement other than the louder exhaust sound that I bought it for. Certainly no decrease in performance. Personally I find Auto-'S' and Mode 'Sport+' to be my favourite combination for faster shifting, quick throttle response and those lovely perfectly executed throttle-blip down-shifts - every time!
Probably covered about 1000 miles or more since I changed it including motorway and a range of other driving, no disconnection of battery. I'm having to use Sport and Sport+ to get anything like the response I used to get in Drive/Normal.
It's interesting though that you didn't see any reduction in performance when you fitted yours.
I will have to go back to stock because although it's a little louder now the sound isn't as deep and doesn't rumble as much on start up. The resonator after all isn't a sound moderator like a muffler is and probably had better airflow than an x-pipe.
Like Gibbo says, I would have been better with an axleback or catback but this seemed a low cost alternative.
Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
My Kooks Axle Back No Muffler has arrived! Anyone got one of these fitted? I've heard it's pretty loud?

FordMustacheGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Not sure with the Mustang, but maybe your X-pipe is poorly designed, maybe try a Mishimoto H pipe. I think one of the vendors here has surplus stock and wants them gone cheap.
Would you happen to know which vendor, I've been thinking about a Mishimoto H-pipe getting one at a discount would be perfect!
Sponsored