Fuel pump upgrade

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Planing on a 500whp procharger build on E85 the car is at 390whp on 93 oct fuel right now, is the fuel pump from the v6 the same as the v8?

What options are there?

I ordered a walbro 430lph to discover it would not work with the stock system.

what is the stock pump limit?
Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I would like to have to have someone chime in on this too I ave been told a fuel pump from vmp.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I ran a fuel pump voltage booster from VMP and I am convinced it burned up my stock pump from running LOW VOLTAGE during idle/cruise. Tested and it read ~18V full throttle and ~10-11V any other time... I suggest a walbro setup.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Planing on a 500whp procharger build on E85 the car is at 390whp on 93 oct fuel right now, is the fuel pump from the v6 the same as the v8?

What options are there?

I ordered a walbro 430lph to discover it would not work with the stock system.

what is the stock pump limit?
I did a parts search on Tasca'a website and it seems the same part number is used in all models, from the V6 all the way up to the GT350. It also seems there are 2 fuel pumps in the gas tank, the left referred to as the primary, and the right referred to as the secondary. The secondary pump also uses the same part number across all models (although different than the primary pump).

Based on this I would assume we have the same fuel pumps as the GT and the GT350, so it's obviously capable of supplying enough fuel for 520 chp in the GT350. The oem pumps always have a little extra capacity over the maximum anticipated fuel need because they don't want the pump to run at 100% load, or to risk detonation from running lean in a high demand situation beause the pump couldn't keep up and fuel pressure dropped, but I have no idea if it has enough extra capacity to accommodate the increased fuel flow requirements of E85.

You might want to check with Procharger directly to see if they have any experience with E85 conversions on boosted V6's, they should be able to tell you if the stock pumps can keep up with the fuel needs of their kits.

As far as other options I didn't see any bolt-in upgrades for the fuel pumps, so you either have to go with a voltage booster for the stock pumps or install a complete custom fuel supply system if you need more fuel than the stock pumps can deliver.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I did a parts search on Tasca'a website and it seems the same part number is used in all models, from the V6 all the way up to the GT350. It also seems there are 2 fuel pumps in the gas tank, the left referred to as the primary, and the right referred to as the secondary. The secondary pump also uses the same part number across all models (although different than the primary pump).

Based on this I would assume we have the same fuel pumps as the GT and the GT350, so it's obviously capable of supplying enough fuel for 520 chp in the GT350. The oem pumps always have a little extra capacity over the maximum anticipated fuel need because they don't want the pump to run at 100% load, or to risk detonation from running lean in a high demand situation beause the pump couldn't keep up and fuel pressure dropped, but I have no idea if it has enough extra capacity to accommodate the increased fuel flow requirements of E85.

You might want to check with Procharger directly to see if they have any experience with E85 conversions on boosted V6's, they should be able to tell you if the stock pumps can keep up with the fuel needs of their kits.

As far as other options I didn't see any bolt-in upgrades for the fuel pumps, so you either have to go with a voltage booster for the stock pumps or install a complete custom fuel supply system if you need more fuel than the stock pumps can deliver.
i came to the same conclusions, its eighter a voltage booster or a dual pump setup, anything else will have to be custom.

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
Have you called Procharger? Their kits come with everything needed for Fuel system and they likely have a simple solution already?

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Fore Innovations has a dual fuel pump setup for GT models, I dont see why it wouldnt work for V6's. Also, Sai Li has a dual fuel pump setup that he sells on his facebook page.. it seems that GT owners recommend his setup due to lower pricing.

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I went to my local Ford dealership today and found the GT350 fuel sender unit part number "FR3Z*9H307*E" for $308.47. I found it here also: https://parts.bartowford.com/oem-parts/ford-fuel-pump-assembly-fr3z9h307e/?c=aT1KQzE1Njk4NSZyPTE4

I found out that the V6's and GT's use the same fuel sender assembly, so I am curious if our cars can handle around 10psi of boost on E85 on the stock pump without a BAP???

Definately not, we would not recommend it to any customer. That can get pretty ugly pretty quick.

At the point of trying to do that, you really need to be looking into a fuel system. You will need injectors, pumps, voltage regulator etc.. to really start pushing things safely.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
the guys over at super six have a 500whp 3.7, procharged....pretty sure they are on the stock pump still. id have to ask though

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Definately not, we would not recommend it to any customer. That can get pretty ugly pretty quick.

At the point of trying to do that, you really need to be looking into a fuel system. You will need injectors, pumps, voltage regulator etc.. to really start pushing things safely.
I have DW 65lb/hr injectors and have previously ran 12psi with E85 on stock pump with VMP BAP. BAP ended up burning up stock pump and already had to replace it. I have been running 7psi without my BAP on 91 octane and have not had any issues.
Sponsored