Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
With a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds, if that's true, this thread should be 2018 Mustang vs. Corvette. With 460 hp as well might as well be gunning for the Corvette.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
:lol:

I think in a drag race it's going to come down to the tranny and their high heels combinations. You ever try to run in stilettos?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
With a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds, if that's true, this thread should be 2018 Mustang vs. Corvette. With 460 hp as well might as well be gunning for the Corvette.

That 0-60 time sounded like you need all the stars to be aligned for it to happen :lol:

An auto 18 will be fast but it is more in line with the Camaro now, it did not just jump over it to compete with the Corvette. Hard to say what the 18 will actually do at the track though at this point without it being out.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Depends on the color. Is the Dodge purple? Forget about it.
of course the dodge is purple, the camaro is green and the stang is orange lol

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
im wondering if the gt with all the performance options will be able to hang with a 1le at all around a track. in a drag race i agree that would come down to the driver.
On a road course it will be a driver's race just as much or even more so than in a straight line.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
On a road course it will be a driver's race just as much or even more so than in a straight line.
The 1LE is an incredible car. It's also a bit lighter and has more low-end. They didn't make the 2018 any lighter. The Mustang GT needs weight loss in the front - the Coyote is a somewhat heavy engine, and top heavy. Dropping the engine down just .5" with Steeda engine mounts was noticeable on my car.

A stock 1LE driven by a fat guy WITH his fat friend in the car (and I only say that because... weight) often outpaced much faster cars on-paper in the intermediate group at my Charlotte Motor Speedway track day which includes infield that's more suited for an S2000. Had I been in the intermediate group myself, I have a feeling I would have been pissed...

[ame]

Terrible visibility, terrible trunk access... but driver's race? I'm waiting for proof because the Camaro 1LE will kick the current Mustang GT PP's ass all day around a road course. See it often.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The 1LE is an incredible car. It's also a bit lighter and has more low-end. They didn't make the 2018 any lighter. The Mustang GT needs weight loss in the front - the Coyote is a somewhat heavy engine, and top heavy. Dropping the engine down just .5" with Steeda engine mounts was noticeable on my car.

A stock 1LE driven by a fat guy WITH his fat friend in the car (and I only say that because... weight) often outpaced much faster cars on-paper in the intermediate group at my Charlotte Motor Speedway track day which includes infield that's more suited for an S2000. Had I been in the intermediate group myself, I have a feeling I would have been pissed...

Terrible visibility, terrible trunk access... but driver's race? I'm waiting for proof because the Camaro 1LE will kick the current Mustang GT PP's ass all day around a road course. See it often.
Have you driven a GTPP with ford racing track handling package on 315 rears and 295 fronts? That setup even in a current GTPP might give the 1le a run for its money. The 2018 will only need more rubber. Give both cars the same rubber and you will be surprised!

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Have you driven a GTPP with ford racing track handling package on 315 rears and 295 fronts? That setup even in a current GTPP might give the 1le a run for its money. The 2018 will only need more rubber. Give both cars the same rubber and you will be surprised!
Lol....you should check out his setup. I'd say the Ford track handling package would blush at his suspension setup.

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S

So I read your build thread. Very awesome. If you had it to do all over again would you consider a 1LE (ignoring the terrible visibility)? With all your suspension mods and NTO1's you still think the 1LE is quicker?

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Lol....you should check out his setup. I'd say the Ford track handling package would blush at his suspension setup.
I don't care about his setup. The reason i mentioned ford racing is its the closest to oem part as possible. The current GTPP wasn't set up for a road coarse only. I am afraid the upcoming 2018 won't be either. 275 rears and 255 fronts are the major downfall on these cars. Doesn't matter if they change the tire compound. Even if you fix the suspension setup, there is not enough rubber to take advantage of it. Thats why a real comparison will always be with the same rubber. I bet a 2018 auto GTPP with the six gen 1LE setup wheels and tires will humiliate 1le in every way possible. Ford is trying to give some more with the 2018 mustang gt without hurting their gt350 line up. Thats the obstacle i see, otherwise those cars would be rolling with wider tires, especially the GTPP packaged ones.
Sponsored