Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Camaro SS 1LE

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
I've had a bunch of people ask me about some of the differences between the 6th Gen Camaro and the S550 since buying my 1LE the other day, and owning both cars. Below is a comparison video I made comparing the 'daily driving' characteristics of both the Mustang GT and the 6th Gen Camaro.

This is not by any means a "Camaro is better than Mustang" or vice versa type video. Just my honest opinion of both. Hope you guys like it.

[ame]
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That has to be the most hideous green I have ever seen on a car.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
If I understand correctly, you kept the S550. So that makes me ask...why buy the Camaro? Planning on supercharging it as well so it'll be on par?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Camaro perform on long runs thru the twisty's as it relates to heat? Is the car overheating?

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I was stuck between both cars when buying. Interested to see what develops as you put more miles on it. Thanks for the video, and I personally like the green :headbang:

Sponsored

OMEN_STAR

American Muscle
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monther
Vehicle(s)
Camaro 2SS/1LE
:cheers:KRYPTEK GREEN

IMSAFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS/1LE
How does the Camaro perform on long runs thru the twisty's as it relates to heat? Is the car overheating?
No problems with overheating. This was my very first outing 3 days after getting the car, but I have been several times since and have run the car much harder and higher RPMs. Mechanically my SS 1LE is solid and does everything I ask of it, to me if you don't despise the looks of the car then its hard to beat. It's GT350 performance for Focus RS money.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Camaro "fanboy" so don't bother trying to pick a fight with me. :cheers:

[ame]

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
Focus RS money?

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
I did look up the price for the Focus RS and am surprised by the price AND performance. I did also look up the SS 1LE pricing...still 8-10k more.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I did look up the price for the Focus RS and am surprised by the price AND performance. I did also look up the SS 1LE pricing...still 8-10k more.
In Michigan? I m 100% sure you can get one below 40 grand there. Hack here in the Chicago area a dealer was selling a blue SS/1le for 39 grand and some change. They are sitting in the lots!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
1le can be had under invoice and the rs will command adm

btw love the Krypton green 1le, the 1le is the only camaro i like, good choice.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
In Michigan? I m 100% sure you can get one below 40 grand there. Hack here in the Chicago area a dealer was selling a blue SS/1le for 39 grand and some change. They are sitting in the lots!
A supercar for under 40k sitting on lots? HA

:lol:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
If I understand correctly, you kept the S550. So that makes me ask...why buy the Camaro? Planning on supercharging it as well so it'll be on par?
To be honest , both cars offer a good driving experience. Driving both will give a person a better appreciation as to how each car does what it does soo well. After having my SS I loved how it took off and all the low end hp/tq it had. When I got my GT I loved how it pulled like a beast on the top end. I didn't realize how slow my SS felt up top until I got my GT. And I didn't realize how slow the GT felt until I compared it to the SS. You can clearly see the strengths and weakness of both cars when you go between the two.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Yep, some dealers are even selling below MSRP now on the RS
Sponsored