GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Anyone running this combo? Do you feel its too quite or just right?
I heard on in person and I thought it sounded rather subdued.

Just wondering how loud a Roush AB with X-Pipe really is.
Don't want to piss off the wife with a super loud exhaust. ;)
Don't care about the neighbors. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack

Lol - made me giggle.

Wife 1 Neighbors 0

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The Roush sounds really nice IMO with the stock resonator in place.
I added an H-Pipe last weekend and it's a hell of a lot louder, probably twice as loud, but I also think the tone is nicer with the H-Pipe, so it's a win-win. It's not subtle though...your wife will NOTICE as will everyone else within a couple of blocks.:headbang:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Very.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Roush AB with either an X-pipe or H-pipe is often regarded as one of the loudest setups you can have, probably right behind the Corsa Extreme and Borla ATAK. I have this setup and puts a smile on my face when I go above 2k rpms and it's also quiet when it's in six gear as if it's a stock muffler.

I wonder what it would sound like if you also throw in headers ;)

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
One thing I've not dialed in yet for my goodie list of parts. Exhaust. I've been searching for something that is reliable for a daily driver, not bring undue attention, sound great, and no drone in the 65 - 80 MPH range. We usually take at least one road trip a year ranging between 9 - 12 hours of driving. My better half would beat me with a boot :(

Also I don't get the exhaust on these cars anyway. On my 89 I had Magnaflows and a h-pipe. Isn't that for balance between the two? Then the resonator, delete, headers, h-pipe, getting confused which calms down the sound/tone vs. increase. Not to hijack your thread but reading about this set up with the h-pipe is a no-go for me. Lol.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I had an h pipe with my Roush. I received a lot of compliments from older guys, but I felt it was too loud for a convertible. I could keep it somewhat tame by being easy on the gas. But I felt like it was too much. When I hit the go pedal hard it would make people jump! I wound up putting this on the starter button. Because every time I pressed it to start all the passengers would eject. :lol:
I wish it was just a tad louder with the stock resonator. Still sounds good though.
IMG_0477.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had an h pipe with my Roush. I received a lot of compliments from older guys, but I felt it was too loud for a convertible. I could keep it somewhat tame by being easy on the gas. But I felt like it was too much. When I hit the go pedal hard it would make people jump! I wound up putting this on the starter button. Because every time I pressed it to start all the passengers would eject. :lol:
I wish it was just a tad louder with the stock resonator. Still sounds good though.
Resonated X-pipe FTW. Just a bit louder than the stock resonator.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I'm glad others are chiming in...I want my exhaust to be a tad louder when getting on the loud pedal, but maintain the current sound at 75-85 mph.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Roush AB with the stock resonator sounds pretty good. I can commute with it and I don't feel like a tool and it still roars pretty good when you're on it.

Just after installing it, the volume was a little embarrassing, but I've gotten used to it.

I would consider one of those CJ/Magnaflow resonated X midpipes if I really wanted any more volume. As things currently are, I just drop the rear seats and drive with the windows down if I need more volume. Most of the time its plenty loud.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Can't hurt to try just the axle back first and see if it is loud enough or not for you, then install the X if it is not loud enough. The off road X or H paired with the Roush axle back is LOUD and sounds amazing. Here is a clip with out mid pipe and Roush axle back.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=YRzp4hsm0fI;t=1[/MEDIA]"]

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've done just the axle back and the wife and I really like it. Long multi-hour trips aren't an issue. You hear it but it doesn't get in the way of conversation or drone in an annoying way. It's a great option for a DD in my opinion. I get nice pops between 1st and 2nd too!

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have roush ab and stock resonator. I was actually recently thinking about getting the tru-x muffler for some more volume, but the weather has warmed up here and I've been driving with the windows down and it sounds perfect for a daily driver. Today, I let it rip through an underpass and it was plenty loud.

With the windows up you can't really hear it once you get used to it, and that's why I wanted more volume. If I ever get a new DD, I will throw in an h-pipe ASAP.
Sponsored