Sponsored

Anyone replace Convenience Package seats?

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have searched but haven't found anything concrete. Looks like there might be some different brackets involved. I have a 17 with the Convenience Package heated / cooled seats. I would much rather have the Recaro's, but candidly haven't found enough detailed information to determine if it's feasible. Questions like "What happens to the vents for the cooled seats?" immediately come to mind.

Couple that with the fact that seat swaps for factory Recaro's seem to have a window of about 3 weeks before the market is all dried up and I'm wondering if I should just give up and go for some aftermarket seats (Had a 2011 GT500 and tried to do Recaro's on it as well, nobody selling). I'd prefer to not do a fixed back seat, great for track days but this will get way too much street duty over the years for that.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Vents for the cooled seats? They're peltier coolers, so there are no vents, just an electrical harness that would sit, unused.

I'd expect that if you were to find a set of Recaro seats, they would be sold with the brackets, though I might be wrong. As far as I know, the Recaro seats are manual-only, and do not come with any sort of heating/cooling.

JR

OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I definitely don't care about the heating / cooling. I wasn't aware of how the cooling part worked, thanks for the info there.

I would rather have the Recaro's for track days as they are also comfortable enough for street use, I fought the OEM seats in my GT500 for too long at the track. The Convenience Package seats are definitely comfortable, just not what I'm looking for in this car. Not sure if Recaro's are ever going to come up for sale so I might have to look into aftermarket seats there.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
They show up from time-to-time, you just have to keep your eyes open. You might not be able to find the GT350 specific Recaro seats, and might need to settle for the GT Recaros, if there is a difference.

JR

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
They show up from time-to-time, you just have to keep your eyes open. You might not be able to find the GT350 specific Recaro seats, and might need to settle for the GT Recaros, if there is a difference.

JR
big difference...

gt on left gt350 on right:

GT350-Mustang-Recaro-Seats.jpg

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
recaro_sportster_cs_kunstle_schwarz.jpg

But the GT350 Recaros are very close in design to the CS line of Recaros

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
In that case why won't you change to pro series or pole position recaros?!

OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am not looking to put in a fixed back seat.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
I swapped my tech seats for track Recaro seats they bolt right in and plugs right in. No cooler/fan option since seats lacks the wire harness for that. The car has 2 sets or wire harnesses 1 is the airbag/seatbelt the other is the power functions which you just leave unplugged when going to the track pack recaros.

Recaro sells a fan option for the sportster seat you would have to make fit i.e. aftermarket.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Exactly what I want to do, where did you find the Recaro's? I don't care about power, heating / cooling, etc. Did you happen to take pics of the harnesses, etc?

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
I installed the gt350r seats in my car, it just bolts right up.

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Exactly what I want to do, where did you find the Recaro's? I don't care about power, heating / cooling, etc. Did you happen to take pics of the harnesses, etc?
GT350 seats show up on ebay on occasion. There was a set there last week.I found a set last year on the site. They are pricey though.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
go on facebook and look for the Ford Shelby GT350 Owners group. there is someone (Josh Hill) in IL selling mint GT350 recaros including the rear seats for $3k.

Sponsored