Sponsored

Drive Modes Enabled!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'll see if I can figure out the module reset, and just saw the other track mode thread talking about modifying that 3rd to last digit to 8 (which I tried earlier using the value I figured out), hopefully Forscan won't throw a fit.
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I got it! I used a checksum calculater with my stock value but changed the IPC to ****-****-*8 (as mentioned on the other thread), I left the last 2 digits off for the calculation and it came up with a checksum of 97. So the code that finally got track modes to enable on my V6 without the miles to empty being stuck on 999 is

786F 0664 1897 (maybe put this in the 1st post for other MTX owners)

I dunno why my Forscan won't make checksums automatically like everyone else's, but at least this mystery is solved. Now I want to see about about launch control. I saw that it was available when I ran some GT codes but never tried it.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I got it! I used a checksum calculater with my stock value but changed the IPC to ****-****-*8 (as mentioned on the other thread), I left the last 2 digits off for the calculation and it came up with a checksum of 97. So the code that finally got track modes to enable on my V6 without the miles to empty being stuck on 999 is

I dunno why my Forscan won't make checksums automatically like everyone else's, but at least this mystery is solved. Now I want to see about about launch control. I saw that it was available when I ran some GT codes but never tried it.
Glad you got it working! Updated the OP to reflect the different values for the IPC between automatic and manual.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6

Did you get this working with the tesla HU ?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Did you get this working with the tesla HU ?
Yeah, it works with the Tesla HU. One flaw with the Tesla, is that whenever you toggle the mode switch, it'll cause your AC to come on. You just need to hit the AC off button to remedy.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Yeah, it works with the Tesla HU. One flaw with the Tesla, is that whenever you toggle the mode switch, it'll cause your AC to come on. You just need to hit the AC off button to remedy.
Oh, good to know! You think they'll be able to find a tweak for it or is it a wiring issue?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Oh, good to know! You think they'll be able to find a tweak for it or is it a wiring issue?
I'm not sure. It could be a hardware or software issue. I doubt the manufacturer cares to try and fix it, unfortunately. But, it's not a big deal to hit the AC off button.

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
Has anyone tried this in a V6 without the toggle switches? I'm wondering if it would enable the non-premium EB/GT Sport+ mode that is activated by double tapping the traction control button.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I just followed this writeup and it works perfectly. The multiple drive modes are awesome to have now!

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you need the premium bezel? Or can you just switch it in Forscan so it remains in sport mode?

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
There wasn’t any way in Forscan to select a mode, it just enabled the toggle switch in the bezel to pick them.

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I enabled my driving modes. Everything works perfectly. Just curious, my little helmet and S+ are white while everyone else I have seen is orange. Anyone have any idea why? I’m assuming it’s a setting in the IPC.
93085073-C709-4A83-BF54-94AFFBE88C3F.jpeg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I enabled my driving modes. Everything works perfectly. Just curious, my little helmet and S+ are white while everyone else I have seen is orange. Anyone have any idea why? I’m assuming it’s a setting in the IPC.
My helmet is white as well, the traction control and gear indicators are orange.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
All of my cluster symbols related to the Drive Mode, Steering, or Traction Control settings are orange/yellow. I wonder if it’s a firmware difference.

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was orange at one point, but I’ve made several changes to the IPC. I didn’t realize the color change until today. Not sure which block changed the color. I’ve seen other people on YouTube with blue.
Sponsored