zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Wow! I feel like a red neck fishin on the river bank at night, when the UFO lands beside me and the aliens try and describe how their FTL drive works!!:eyebulge::crazy:
:lol:
Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Drive modes are only accessible through the toggle. And you could possibly get away with installing a Tom top screen into a premium bezel. The only question would be as to how the climate system will function... The toggles are connected to the dual zone climate controls so you can not get one without the other.
zackmd1, so as I understand it if you install the 4 toggle panel from the GT you'll have the drive mode as showen in your pictures? Is this something that the Ford dealer can do? Are these the Data Values for the drive mode on the 4th toggle?

Data values

IPC
720-06-01: 6C7F - 8000 - 18B1

ABS
760-02-02: 0200 - 117E

Thanks

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I doubt a dealer would reprogram the as-built data for your car. If you get the bezel with the 4th toggle switch youll probably need to get the OBD unit and Forscan to change the parameters yourself (or see if someone local has the stuff to make the change for you).

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
zackmd1, so as I understand it if you install the 4 toggle panel from the GT you'll have the drive mode as showen in your pictures? Is this something that the Ford dealer can do?

Thanks
The dealer has the ability to do it but most likely will not. Even if they did they would charge you at least an hours worth of labor for something that might take 5 min.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
The dealer has the ability to do it but most likely will not. Even if they did they would charge you at least an hours worth of labor for something that might take 5 min.
Are these the Data Values for the drive mode on the 4th toggle?

Data values
IPC

ABS

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Are these the Data Values for the drive mode on the 4th toggle?

Data values
IPC

ABS

Thanks
Those are correct values for a 2015 V6

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Just did this on my MT. I'm not entirely sure if there's a big difference using Sport+ or Track mode, vs Normal. The GT TB and pedalmax may be masking any performance increase. I imagine if I had an auto, I'd notice a difference with that. Snow/wet mode definitely hinders some of the power. Nonetheless, I have trans best of all worlds now.

I did this using the ABD that Zack posted. Linelock shows up but is grayed out. I also have a transmission temp gauge thats stuck on 59 degrees (assuming my MT doesn't monitor that). The Vacuum guage now says Boost/Vacuum.

Finally, my "Miles to Empty" is reading 999. Resetting the trip and other screens didnt fix this. Ive put 22 miles on it, and kind of hoping it'll go away with time as the cluster figures out I'm not driving an electric car.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Just did this on my MT. I'm not entirely sure if there's a big difference using Sport+ or Track mode, vs Normal. The GT TB and pedalmax may be masking any performance increase. I imagine if I had an auto, I'd notice a difference with that. Snow/wet mode definitely hinders some of the power. Nonetheless, I have trans best of all worlds now.

I did this using the ABD that Zack posted. Linelock shows up but is grayed out. I also have a transmission temp gauge thats stuck on 59 degrees (assuming my MT doesn't monitor that). The Vacuum guage now says Boost/Vacuum.

Finally, my "Miles to Empty" is reading 999. Resetting the trip and other screens didnt fix this. Ive put 22 miles on it, and kind of hoping it'll go away with time as the cluster figures out I'm not driving an electric car.
It takes some time for the pcm to learn the new drive modes. After a few miles I really started to notice a difference.

In relation to the issues you mention, it sounds like the ABD values are not quite right for your vehicle. I would search for ABD values of a premium manual EB and use those.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Ford as built site is down. I tried a couple other IPC values posted for manual GTs on thread #76949, none of which fixed the miles to empty being 999. I did get launch control (didn't try it yet). Hope to get this figured out, I can't be the only V6 MT trying this out, or who wants it.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ford as built site is down. I tried a couple other IPC values posted for manual GTs on thread #76949, none of which fixed the miles to empty being 999. I did get a vacuum/boost gauge, and launch control (didn't try it yet). Hope to get this figured out, I can't be the only V6 MT trying this out, or who wants it.
I noticed the site being down as well. Hopefully it is just regular maintenance and will be back up tomorrow. I found during my testing that only EB values work for the V6. GT values seem to throw errors or cause unwanted behavior.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Still digging into this. I've used values taken from an EB Premium MT and the miles to empty stays at 999 with that too. I've compared AB values for 3 GTs and the EB and found the consistent values between each have been 6***-****-*8**.

I tried putting my stock value in, replacing just those 2 values, dropped the last 2 digits so Forscan would auto-build the checksum (686F 0664 18--), but my Forscan throws an "invalid data" anytime I leave out the last 2 digits.

I will say there is a noticeable difference in how the engine feels with Sport+ enabled on the MTX. Even with my pedal max and GT TB, its made the car feel even better. The adventure to get this to work right on a V6 MTX continues.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Still digging into this. I've used values taken from an EB Premium MT and the miles to empty stays at 999 with that too. I've compared AB values for 3 GTs and the EB and found the consistent values between each have been 6***-****-*8**.

I tried putting my stock value in, replacing just those 2 values, and dropped the last 2 digits so Forscan would auto-build the checksum, but myForscan throws an "invalid data" anytime I leave out the last 2 digits.

The adventure to get this to work right on a V6 MTX continues.
Have you been checking just the ABS or the IPC data as well? The IPC data might be slightly different for a manual. That said, I thought we had it nailed down that the IPC data change was consistent across all models and transmissions.

Also, have you tried the module reset function in forscan for the IPC? It basically does a hard reset to the module and might fix any errors that might have occurred during the ABD process.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I haven't tried any kind of module reset in Forscan, I'm a complete newb to it and have only done things based off suggestion, minus trying to find the consistency in hex code for premium ICs. I don't know what each section like 720-02-02 does, or what each digit does in the hex value, I only know that they need edited.
Sponsored