Sponsored

Alcantara..

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know most of you won't ever pay much attention to the rear passenger compartment, but there are two trim panels, one either side of the seat bench in the rear quarters that are begging for leather/alcantara treatment. They are probably the worst looking part of the car's interior.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know most of you won't ever pay much attention to the rear passenger compartment, but there are two trim panels, one either side of the seat bench in the rear quarters that are begging for leather/alcantara treatment. They are probably the worst looking part of the car's interior.
See I saw these, and considered it, but it's actually moulded into the bodywork, you can't actually 'take' that panel off, makes it incredibly hard to work with unless you strip the entire plastic trim panel off, and it looks like a HUGE piece.

Happy to be wrong, if they can be taken of mine will be leather, but looks moulded to me!

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
And so it begins:D...

Thought I'd start off with something simple, so I stripped down the old handbrake gator. And separated the parts to use as a pattern..

Then I cut out the pieces, and got the sewing machine out.:thumbsup:

Time to bite the bullet and start sewing:eyebulge:

And the finished piece..:clap2:

Just got to re mount it to the plastic bit now..:)

Judspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red RRsport and a Ligtning GT Conv
Absolutely brilliant, I can't wait to see this. The mod list and ideas go on, oh help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Gear lever now done, and fitted back in the car:thumbsup:

Knee pads and centre consol lid next....then moving onto the rear parcel shelf and the door panels..:eyebulge:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Enoch I admire your skill and ability to take on new skills but to my eye (may be different in the flesh), the 'not quite a colour match' with the saddle, just doesn't go.

Your car buddy, but this mod, not for me.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
As above, seriously impressed with the skill an handiwork. Maybe matched leather would hit the spot though? And now you have to do the steering wheel! ;)

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Regarding colour, like I said in the opening post, I went to the supplier and checked out the swatches, the proprietor, his wife and me agreed, this was the closest:)...

Alcantara is funny, as it has a pile, and it looks different shades in different light, and depending which way up you hold it..

My original intention is to just break up the amount of black, and soften the interior to the eye a bit..and also give bits that you touch a warmer feel than plastic or leather..

The colour match isn't perfect, but brown is brown, and I think I'll end up with the interior ambiance I'm after:D:cool:

Most of what I'm doing can be easily reversed if it doesn't work out:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)