Alcantara..

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Most of us have seen the Alcantara offerings to change the centre armrest lid, gear lever and handbrake gators, and very nice they are too..:)

But they're limited to dark grey or black and are quite expensive....:(

Now being an owner of a car with saddle interior, I like the idea of Alcantara, but not in black or grey..

Enter 2 meters of the highest quality genuine Alcantara, direct from the Italian manufacturers via the U.K. Importer (nice people to deal with) clap2::clap2:

Photos don't do the quality of this stuff any justice at all, it really is top notch and a real step up from the fake stuff on eBay...:hail::hail:

I actually visited the distributor, in the Mustang and went through hundreds of swatches to find the closest match:cool::)

So the plan is to break up the amount of black on the interior, I'm thinking door cards as per the GT350, then handbrake, gear lever, armrest, 2 small removable panels on the centre consol, small side panels in the rear, and the rear parcel shelf....

Door will look something like this:D
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Really looking forward to the results, I love the stuff, hence why all my steering wheels have it on every car I own! :D

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just did mine in leather as in, finished about 5minutes ago! :lol:

Happy to help with any questions you may have, i've got literally fucking loads of leather left over form doing my 2 knee kick pads. :lol:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
As a fellow Saddle interior owner, im v. interested to see the results :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Fucking awesome if he was paying attention to what he was told.
Oi you :).

Fucking awesome (thanks for the advice Cent') is how the turned out, i just put up another thread with the how to:

But here they are (Dont want to steal Enochs thunder!)

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION], I genuinely think you have one of (if not THE) best looking motor on this forum - your taste is impeccable. I wish I could exercise the same restraint when going for visuals, but the 1970s redneck in me keeps surfacing!

The Alcantara can only enhance it further, it will look awesome on the door cards. Coloured door card inserts should have been standard for those cars without an all black interior.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Rear parcel shelf.... That maybe my next leather idea....
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] can't wait to see this when it's done, will look pretty boss :D

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you know i've never once noticed those bits

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION], I genuinely think you have one of (if not THE) best looking motor on this forum - your taste is impeccable. I wish I could exercise the same restraint when going for visuals, but the 1970s redneck in me keeps surfacing!

The Alcantara can only enhance it further, it will look awesome on the door cards. Coloured door card inserts should have been standard for those cars without an all black interior.
Cheers jord, that's quite a compliment:cheers:

FWIW, I love seeing Mustangs with bright colours and stripes etc, and if that was the look I was going for, I'd be right in there.:D..

But for this car, I'm trying to keep it simple but subtle.:thumbsup: it'll be interesting to see how it ends up:thumbsup:
Sponsored