Sponsored

CatBack, PMAS & a Lund Tune

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Is what I now have on my GT. And its very, very good.

This has cost me <€2k all-in, and the difference in noise, performance and drivability is ridiculous.

I need to have the car on a rolling road, but this should be right around 470bhp. You can definitely feel the difference.

For a modest investment this is a brilliant way to wake up your GT.

:D
Sponsored

Crazy4S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0
Hey Captain Slow, Interesting info. I just joined and your topic of S550 Coyote tuning is THE European topic that interests me most. Seems it is not that hot a topic here. Not sure why that is.

Have you gone in for long tubes since you posted? Should be good for a good bump up in HP.

Also I am very interested in the topic of E85 tuning (using 47 lbs per minute injectors and a special tune) good for more another bump in horsepower and reducing fuel costs quite substantially.

I am guessing you have been working with Lund long distance, that is to say there isn't someone working with or for Lund locally.

Lastly, the Holy Grail is the GT350 manifold mod: good for a good jump HP. Those on an E85 tune, Gt350 intake manifold, long tunes and catback all added together are dyne-ing 460 wheel horsepower or about 535 crank HP, 100 over stock. Not bad for NA tuning.

Mark

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Hi.

No LT headers yet.... they are on the shopping list though.

I was very happy with the PMAS the entire time I had it, although I recently switched over to an OEM GT350 CAI, so my PMAS is for sale.

Im very happy with LUND. Zero complaints. Always friendly and quick service, and honest advice about what does and doesnt work for these cars.

In the first instance you receive a specific (to your mods) 'canned' tune. You then datalog with this and return the files to Lund.

They are checked to make sure they are safe/performing well, and if you have any specific requests for amendments they can take care of that too.

So what you actually end up with is a fully custom tune, albeit remotely programmed and monitored.

Crazy4S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0
Thanks for the info on Lund. They seem to be professional. I am in dialog with another US tuner outfit, VMP who are equally good and direct competition with Lund. There are others, Bama for example. Funny there is no one of their standard that i have discovered here. Tuning is not only useful for performance but for economy and for flex-fuel bi or tri-tune setups for 95, 98 and E85.

I am rather surprised that the E85 subject is not hotter because of the high price of fuel in EU. E85 is very available in France anyway at roughly 1/3 the price of 98RON. And you get a significant bump in HP. Around 7% NA, quite a lot more if you are supercharging or turbocharging. 1150hp from a Coyote on E85 with a Paxton on stock internal is safe, daily drivable and achieved with bolt ons, i.e. no upgrade to crank, rods or pistons. It's the best fuel on the market and the cheapest. Mighty Car Mods did a good intro Youtube video on it.
Sponsored