Waterless Car Wash?

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Has anyone used any of the various "waterless" car wash products on the market and do you have any recommendations? I was looking at Chemical Guys and Griots but I know there are others. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Since I have some waterless I use it as a presoak for when I do rinseless. I use ONR or Wolfgang Uber, both excellent products.

OP
OP

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thanks for the responses! I will definitely give ONR a try!

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use the adam's waterless and I'm happy with the results. Prior to that I've used the ONR rinseless, which is great but a bit more involved. I've lived in apartments since I moved to the area 6 years ago, and have been more or less sticking to these methods.

A few things to note:

Waterless is only good on cars that are moderately dusty. IE, you drove the car for a week and it didn't rain so you want to touch it up. OR it rained, but you didn't drive it through the rain (raining on a parked car). This is important because when you drive through the rain, your car picks up all sorts of "hard" dirt where if you use just waterless you'll risk swirl marks and abbrations. The waterless tends to keep the car cleaner for longer, though, and is much smoother to the touch.

Rinseless is good for everything other then caked on dirt/mud/rocksalt. It's a bit more involved but works well and does the job. I may go back to this method after the winter.

I currently go to a touchless car wash (9 dollars at the gas station) that essentially rinses the car off and dries it off, then I'll wash the car that day or the next with the waterless wash. That's only if the car is real dirty and I want to use the waterless, and useful in the winter so I don't have to freeze my hands off using a hose/rinseless, but there's too much packed on the car to use waterless.

I hope that helps, let me know if there's any other questions.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Waterless works fine, but rinseless is where it's at. Rinseless washes are safe, and the end result will usually look better than a 2 bucket wash.

Look up the garry dean method. Use your chosen rinseless wash (I use ONR), mix it with distilled water (less than a buck a gallon) which is important for no water spots. Buy a bunch of microfibers and go to town.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah ONR is the best. No risk like waterless, and the no rinse is REAL.

Two bucket method. One water for cleaning the towel/sponge, one with the ONR mixture. Clean it constantly, and keep the dirt out of the clean bucket.

Easy.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used any of the various "waterless" car wash products on the market and do you have any recommendations? I was looking at Chemical Guys and Griots but I know there are others. Thanks in advance!
I use Chemical Guys Eco-Smart exclusively. Love the product, however, I would only advise using it as a weekly maintenance wipe down product or car show quick detailer.

If you have caked-on dirt or just simply haven't washed the car in over two weeks, I would encourage you to give the car a traditional bath first then top it off with Eco-Smart for a freshly waxed look. If you give it a weekly wipe down after that, you'll never need to wash your car again.

But at the same time, if you care about your car's paint and overall exterior/interior upkeep, you'll still wash it regardless :D ;)

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've had great success with Adam's Waterless Wash.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Croftgate Aquanil-x...
Sponsored