2015 V6 vert strut tower brace

rvercoe218

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 convertible
I am sure this has been asked but can't locate where. I own a 2015 V6 convertible.... does anyone make a strut tower brace for this car? Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
No company makes a strut tower brace for the V6 without other modification because the intake manifold on the V6 is higher than the V8 and I4. With the vert you already have the K brace which does most of the work. You can get several strut tower braces to work by adding spacers between the K brace and the tower brace to raise the tower brace over the intake manifold on the engine. Another option is to get aftermarket motor mounts (V6 mounts are the same as V8) like those from BMR that allow you to lower the engine to get enough room for the strut tower bar to clear the intake manifold.

As you can see I got the Ford Racing brace to work on my V6. I put about 1/2" of washers to get it to clear. I plan on getting the BMR engine mounts to lower the motor so I can get rid of the washers.
picture.jpg

OP
OP
rvercoe218

rvercoe218

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 convertible
Based on my reading I assumed this was the answer... I'm going to be adding he Steeda K brace underneath.... with the newly released jacking plates so I can store her on stands during the winter.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
No company makes a strut tower brace for the V6 without other modification because the intake manifold on the V6 is higher than the V8 and I4. With the vert you already have the K brace which does most of the work. You can get several strut tower braces to work by adding spacers between the K brace and the tower brace to raise the tower brace over the intake manifold on the engine. Another option is to get aftermarket motor mounts (V6 mounts are the same as V8) like those from BMR that allow you to lower the engine to get enough room for the strut tower bar to clear the intake manifold.

As you can see I got the Ford Racing brace to work on my V6. I put about 1/2" of washers to get it to clear. I plan on getting the BMR engine mounts to lower the motor so I can get rid of the washers.
picture.jpg

Where you able to install the cowl reinforcement bracket also? Im not the smartest when it comes to this stuff but did you say you were able to install the brace just by adding washers under it? Thanks!
P.S. Nice procharger!!!

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Where you able to install the cowl reinforcement bracket also? Im not the smartest when it comes to this stuff but did you say you were able to install the brace just by adding washers under it? Thanks!
P.S. Nice procharger!!!
The cowl reinforcement bracket is already there, or at least I think it was on mine. Yes I was able to install both braces (K brace that goes to cowl and strut brace) with just the addition of some washers between the two braces where they join at the strut. This is just like what I bought and all I added were the washers.

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
The cowl reinforcement bracket is already there, or at least I think it was on mine.
I have a 2015 V6 vert, stock; I just looked and cowl brace is already there.

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
No company makes a strut tower brace for the V6
Several websites now show that the Ecoboost STB also fits the V6. They're all linked to Ford's OEM parts system, so maybe it's a typo from Ford. Only the first letter in each part number is different. I assume the only difference is the emblem in the center of the brace (Ford Racing, GT, GT350).

FR3Z-16A200-A Fits Ecoboost/V6/GT
GR3Z-16A200-A Fits GT
HR3Z-16A200-A Fits GT350/GT350R

If the link below doesn't work, search for "Tie Bar."

https://parts.livermoreford.com/?year=2017&make=ford&model=mustang&search_str=tie+bar&scat=&p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
That link helps me more than you can know for trying to figure out what parts are compatible between models to put the Ford street handling pack on a V6.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
I'll put this here too. Really like to know if this is a simple project:

How hard is it to put the steel cowl brace "K" on a V6? Any ideas about that part? I've read it actually does more than the over the engine part (which could be added later anyway). Especially interested for coupe rather than convertible.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
It is really easy to install the steel cowl brace. No harder than an CAI.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Ok thank you for the reply!
Sponsored