2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey Sac peeps! Come out and play tomorrow afternoon at Thunderhill. SCCA Track Night is only $100 for 3 x 20min sessions on the 2mi West track. You can get there in an hour and a half, so we're talking only a half-day commitment.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1987530-track-night-2017-northern-california-july-20

then use coupon code "whatsstoppingyou"
Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could join you. i would love to see the black stallion or the new set-up harass some other high-dollar gear.

-T

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could join you. i would love to see the black stallion or the new set-up harass some other high-dollar gear.

-T
So the last time I ran with this group was May, and only 7 cars showed up for the Advanced group. Literally the fewest cars I've ever run on track with, and sometimes it was actually hard to keep mentally focused because it didn't feel "real". The two fastest were a fully built 1st gen Camaro on slicks and driven by a HOD instructor, and a race-built E36 M3, also on slicks. They were running probably 1:25ish, and I couldn't get below 1:28 (I blame tires! ha). Then a couple modded Miatas were running behind me, and everyone spaced out real far, real quick. Trippy. Video:

I'm still trying to do the 200-ish treadwear street-friendly tire thing, but after my current Cup 2's are dead, I'm done with that. Final try will be the new R888R's, and if those don't get me the stick I'm looking for, I'll either sell the 'Stang and just run my race car, or have to go to track wheels + slicks, which means towing a baby trailer....annoying. Lighter cars can get away with 20min sessions on the 200TW stuff, but our cars are just too heavy. RE-71R sticks OK in the beginning, but gets greasy in 10min or less, depending on temps. Cup 2's stick a bit less but stay more consistent for entire session.

And it all costs too much....I run Hoosier circle track slicks on my race car @ $140-160 apiece, and they last a good long time.

:shrug: in any case....much better than a day in the office!

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
So the last time I ran with this group was May, and only 7 cars showed up for the Advanced group. Literally the fewest cars I've ever run on track with, and sometimes it was actually hard to keep mentally focused because it didn't feel "real". The two fastest were a fully built 1st gen Camaro on slicks and driven by a HOD instructor, and a race-built E36 M3, also on slicks. They were running probably 1:25ish, and I couldn't get below 1:28 (I blame tires! ha). Then a couple modded Miatas were running behind me, and everyone spaced out real far, real quick. Trippy. Video:

I'm still trying to do the 200-ish treadwear street-friendly tire thing, but after my current Cup 2's are dead, I'm done with that. Final try will be the new R888R's, and if those don't get me the stick I'm looking for, I'll either sell the 'Stang and just run my race car, or have to go to track wheels + slicks, which means towing a baby trailer....annoying. Lighter cars can get away with 20min sessions on the 200TW stuff, but our cars are just too heavy. RE-71R sticks OK in the beginning, but gets greasy in 10min or less, depending on temps. Cup 2's stick a bit less but stay more consistent for entire session.

And it all costs too much....I run Hoosier circle track slicks on my race car @ $140-160 apiece, and they last a good long time.

:shrug: in any case....much better than a day in the office!
What phone mount is that in your video?

Sponsored

JermyS550

NoWifey5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
I already use a ram mount, just don't like the suction cup. I also like how his phone is mounted so close to the mirror. I went ahead and ordered the part I linked earlier, so hopefully it works out.

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The Mirror Mate is the one I have, but I'm sure that other one will be fine too.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Hi everyone,

So I obtained several parts recently and am hoping to install them this coming weekend.

They include the following

1. BBK shorty headers (ok, so I didn't receive these recently, but have been holding off on the install)

2. BMR front and rear sway bars

3. Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air Scoop

Would anyone like to help out?

Last edited:

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Hi everyone,

So I obtained several parts recently and am hoping to install them this coming weekend.

They include the following

1. BBK shorty headers (ok, so I didn't receive these recently, but have been holding off on the install)

2. BMR front and rear sway bars

3. Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air Scoop

Would anyone like to help out?
Wow...no one willing to take the plunge with me...:(

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Rear sway bar is pretty easy, message me I can knock that out no prob.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Rear sway bar is pretty easy, message me I can knock that out no prob.
Thanks for the offer...but I installed everything this past weekend. [MENTION=26707]Mootang[/MENTION] helped me with the front sway bar and driver's side header. I took care of the rear sway bar and passenger side header myself (didn't even have to jack up the car).

Cheers
Sponsored