• Poll closed .

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thanks for the info. Quick question. Did your belt fit on without having to force it on somehow? I'm mid install and I'm having trouble getting the belt on no matter which way I turn the jackscrew. The etch marks never line up either so I'm a bit confused. I'm also having trouble getting the boostworks Relocation Pipe on. I hate having to trim that coupler.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Thanks for the info. Quick question. Did your belt fit on without having to force it on somehow? I'm mid install and I'm having trouble getting the belt on no matter which way I turn the jackscrew. The etch marks never line up either so I'm a bit confused. I'm also having trouble getting the boostworks Relocation Pipe on. I hate having to trim that coupler.
The trick I learned was to loop the belt on and then add the smooth idler extension that comes with the kit. Otherwise good luck! Once you get the belt on you will get some tension on the belt and then when you move the PC tensioner it will tighten up and the marks will start to align.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Have you considered either the MAK 4" inlet or the 4" Boostworks inlet?

Looks like some healthy gains reported from the larger bore piping and filter...

Seriously considering picking either one of those up so I can stick it on from the start.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Have you considered either the MAK 4" inlet or the 4" Boostworks inlet?

Looks like some healthy gains reported from the larger bore piping and filter...

Seriously considering picking either one of those up so I can stick it on from the start.

Thoughts?
I am not a believer in the intakes for any other reason than ascetics.

There have been plenty of others who have removed the filter completely and saw little gains. Until I see an independent unbiased review I am tossing up the BS flag.

The intake itself also does not increase HP IMHO. The post they have said that boost pressure went up by 1 psi and that typically results in ~30 whp gain which is what they saw. So where the gains came from was a 1 psi increase not the intake. Their claim will be "the intake increased efficiency there for the intake created the HP gain..." but I do not think the pipe diameter had anything to do with the increase in PSI.

That 1 psi gain could have been due to a dirt PC filter vs a clean brand new filter. If you look at that PC filter in the Mak pic it is damn near black. A clean filter and they may have seen a different outcome. It would be cool to see PC vs Open vs Mak/Boostworks intake.

Better yet, leave the stock pipe on and remove the filter and do a pull. Then put the larger pipe on and do a pull. If the claim is the pipe diameter increases HP you will see gains. Otherwise it is a filter issue and that is a cheap fix.

For $300 guy buy a smaller pulley, a TIAL wastegate and have it welded to the intake pipe. The. You can control your boost pressure and add/subtract HP at your will. Or if you want a 1 psi increase just buy a smaller pulley and you will see gains everywhere vs just the top of the rpm curve as Boost will increase all over and at a lower rpm.

All that said, I will get a hard pipe and it may be [MENTION=10789]Travis@boostworks[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION]. Both in the end accomplish what I need them to do which is remove the worry of my race valve pressing on the rubber PC intake. Then again, I may just make my own :)

Maybe [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] can shed a bit of light, but my guess is they will fall in the same boat I am.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
E85 and a 9sec. time slip.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I am not a believer in the intakes for any other reason than ascetics.

There have been plenty of others who have removed the filter completely and saw little gains. Until I see an independent unbiased review I am tossing up the BS flag.

The intake itself also does not increase HP IMHO. The post they have said that boost pressure went up by 1 psi and that typically results in ~30 whp gain which is what they saw. So where the gains came from was a 1 psi increase not the intake. Their claim will be "the intake increased efficiency there for the intake created the HP gain..." but I do not think the pipe diameter had anything to do with the increase in PSI.

That 1 psi gain could have been due to a dirt PC filter vs a clean brand new filter. If you look at that PC filter in the Mak pic it is damn near black. A clean filter and they may have seen a different outcome. It would be cool to see PC vs Open vs Mak/Boostworks intake.

Better yet, leave the stock pipe on and remove the filter and do a pull. Then put the larger pipe on and do a pull. If the claim is the pipe diameter increases HP you will see gains. Otherwise it is a filter issue and that is a cheap fix.

For $300 guy buy a smaller pulley, a TIAL wastegate and have it welded to the intake pipe. The. You can control your boost pressure and add/subtract HP at your will. Or if you want a 1 psi increase just buy a smaller pulley and you will see gains everywhere vs just the top of the rpm curve as Boost will increase all over and at a lower rpm.

All that said, I will get a hard pipe and it may be [MENTION=10789]Travis@boostworks[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION]. Both in the end accomplish what I need them to do which is remove the worry of my race valve pressing on the rubber PC intake. Then again, I may just make my own :)

Maybe [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] can shed a bit of light, but my guess is they will fall in the same boat I am.
The power does come from the 1psi increase(that is how a supercharger functions), the increase comes from allowing the procharger to ingest more air, The ability to ingest more air comes from our inlet pipe being of larger diameter allowing more air, and our filter having more surface area to ingest more air. The more air we can feed the blower the more power it will make. The only part that I disagree with is that the Inlet doesn't make any power. The Inlet is the reason it makes power. Yes a pulley will do the same thing, but a pulley will also make the restriction even worse.

The better the blower breathes the more power it makes. No matter what pulley you put on it. Its a matter of increasing efficiency and taking advantage of that. Then swapping a pulley becomes a better bang for your buck because 1psi turns into possibly 2psi. It extends the potential of the blower. Some of us push these blowers pretty hard so being able to squeeze 1psi more is a big deal.

More unbiased reviews in here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71744&page=7

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Quick little video I made this morning after dropping my daughter off at school. I am by no means a YouTube'r so no jokes on how I don't have that douche YouTube voice everyone seems to get when they record themselves. I'll get better at this, promise :)

Sorry the pulls kinda sucked too but you get a little bit of an idea. I did just get a car mount for my go pro so I'll get some actions shots soon!

[ame]

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Install coming soon!!
IMG_3815.jpg

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Nice build man. And thanks for kinda breaking down the waste gate stuff. Car looks nasty!:cheers:

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Hmmm...Braum seats...lets see 'em! :D

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Looking absolutely amazing! Sounds mean as hell and just looks awesome. Very nice build!

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
i want to see this in person one day im looking at going boost in a year im near you too

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
i want to see this in person one day im looking at going boost in a year im near you too
Just say when. I live in Stonebridge in McKinney. I am usually at cars and coffee if you go to that show.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
YO! We had the monthly mustang meet today I thought you would be there.
A lot of SC mustangs were there :D
Sponsored