Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I don't think you datalog for the free tunes that come preloaded on the SCT device. Those free tunes can be used for any car it's not like a custom tune that is tailored for your specific car and modifications.
Yes, you can datalog the SCT device and get with a support tech. Remember the tuners that Unleashed and BAMA use are SCTx4 with there tune in them. Now you have MPT down loading there program into your SCTx4. The foundation to all tunes are SCT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
I just ordered my mpt tune can't wait

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
I have a manual so I won't be able to drive in sports mode lol also as soon as I upload this straight to the dyno!!!!hoping for 300/300. My setup right now is:

Airaid intake
Bbk Short headers
High flow cats
Xpipe
Muffler delete
Ported upper and lower manifold
3.73 gears
Bbk 73mm throttle body

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Damn I was really looking forward to the MPT tune, don't see the issue with selling to California as far as legality goes MPT is not responsible for anyone using the tune on a road use car, all they have to say is "for off road use only" just like every other tuner who sells to Cali does.

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have a manual so I won't be able to drive in sports mode lol also as soon as I upload this straight to the dyno!!!!hoping for 300/300. My setup right now is:

Airaid intake
Bbk Short headers
High flow cats
Xpipe
Muffler delete
Ported upper and lower manifold
3.73 gears
Bbk 73mm throttle body
You should see that since you have ported manifolds now. When did you do 3.73 gears? How do you like them?

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Damn I was really looking forward to the MPT tune, don't see the issue with selling to California as far as legality goes MPT is not responsible for anyone using the tune on a road use car, all they have to say is "for off road use only" just like every other tuner who sells to Cali does.
Do you need the programmer as well? Or just the tune? I don't see the issue with them emailing a tune to you. But if you need the tune device just order it from somewhere else.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Do you need the programmer as well? Or just the tune? I don't see the issue with them emailing a tune to you. But if you need the tune device just order it from somewhere else.
Already got the tuner and a tune from Torrie, and yeah I could get around it but I don't really want to jump through hoops to get a product that the company doesn't want to sell to me.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Ordered a tune from mpt but they emailed me today saying theirs a bug in the sct software for my strategy. So they're waiting on a fix from sct. Kind of weird if you ask me.

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
You should see that since you have ported manifolds now. When did you do 3.73 gears? How do you like them?
Got 3.73s a month ago and I'm totally loving them more shifting but feels very torquey

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Got 3.73s a month ago and I'm totally loving them more shifting but feels very torquey
Next up you need to.do headers! That's another power adder

How much did it cost you to do the gear swap? Were you coming from 3.15 gears?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Larry, did it screw with your speedo...did the car freak out? Ive heard horror storries about gear swaps...did you have ford re program your speedo?

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Ordered a tune from mpt but they emailed me today saying theirs a bug in the sct software for my strategy. So they're waiting on a fix from sct. Kind of weird if you ask me.
Strange, they got mine loaded no problem. although i did have a revision sent to me and i had difficulty loading it into my car, idk if it was me just being retarded or what but after not being able to get the revision to flash i drove down to their shop and they were able to fix it by updating my device and reloading the tune. not sure if that's related to whats going on with yours...probably not lol but if I can say one thing about these guys is they do have good customer service so i'm confident they'll take care of you...also my jaja in case you dont see my other post about transmission noise, could you get me your service receipt of the repair fixing the clunk noise? that would be awesome!

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Next up you need to.do headers! That's another power adder

How much did it cost you to do the gear swap? Were you coming from 3.15 gears?
I have short headers and it cost me $1200 canadian and I'm coming from 3.15s no regrets

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Larry, did it screw with your speedo...did the car freak out? Ive heard horror storries about gear swaps...did you have ford re program your speedo?
Didn't mess with my speedo I just changed the setting while reflash in the tune and the speedo is fine
Sponsored