Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Gears are the standard 3.15's for the V6.

Hey Zack I'm totally on the fence about this tune from Unleashed. I wish there was more info to go on. I need #'s to become a believer lol!
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hey Zack I'm totally on the fence about this tune from Unleashed. I wish there was more info to go on. I need #'s to become a believer lol!

Haha well let me ask you this, is your car an auto or manual? If auto then the tune is well worth it! The change in the behavior of the trans and its increased shift firmness is more then enough! The tune most definitely changes power output as well. My comparison is not the best as I have other supporting mods but I would say to expect power increases in the 10-15hp range and 15-20tq range.

I would watch the review thread in the 3.7 section very closely. Ugly John plans on getting his car tuned by Torrie and due to being so close he also plans on having Torrie dyno the car. So I would expect some official numbers when that happens.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Haha well let me ask you this, is your car an auto or manual? If auto then the tune is well worth it! The change in the behavior of the trans and its increased shift firmness is more then enough! The tune most definitely changes power output as well. My comparison is not the best as I have other supporting mods but I would say to expect power increases in the 10-15hp range and 15-20tq range.

I would watch the review thread in the 3.7 section very closely. Ugly John plans on getting his car tuned by Torrie and due to being so close he also plans on having Torrie dyno the car. So I would expect some official numbers when that happens.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I also have supporting mods like a CAI and I plan on other mods like Exhaust and maybe even headers like some other folks. I'm all game for HP and TQ increases if its proven on a DYNO!

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
Nice acceleration video!

Did I read your mileage correctly? 27k? Hell I thought my 17.5k was excessive!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Nice acceleration video!

Did I read your mileage correctly? 27k? Hell I thought my 17.5k was excessive!
That you did! As of today it is at 27.2k... A 150 mile round trip to school/work every day of the week will do that... Yet another reason why I did not go with the EB! I would have probably been dealing with carbon build up issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So I think I hurt someone's feelings last night... :ford:

Driving on some undisclosed Mexico roads :p there was a dodge caliber SRT4 in front of me. The car had an aftermarket singe outlet exhaust, aftermarket BOV or CAI, and possibly a tune. :shrug: For reference this is a quote from when Edmonds dyno tested a stock caliber SRT 4.

"It didn't disappoint. Laying down three consistent pulls, it made 281 hp and 261 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, demonstrating that its power and torque ratings are quite conservative."

So it is fair to say that this SRT might have had even more power to the wheels.

Anyways back to the story... Driving with this SRT in front of me and of course the car in front of the SRT pulls off into a turn lane. At this point I know he is going to floor it as he as been trying to the entire time I have been behind him. So he floors it and I say what the hell why not, gave him about 4-5 car lengths and then I floored it. Now this run was from a roll and not a stop and I was in normal drive mode. For about the first 2sec or so we are even, I am not gaining on him and he is not pulling away from me. Soon though I actually start to gain some ground. At this point you could tell the SRT driver was giving it all she's got but I was still gaining. I get within 1-2 car lengths behind him before I let off. I have proven that my car is more powerful and need not go any faster.

The SRT finally slows down himself and pulls into the other lane. I pull up beside him to give him a thumbs up for the good run. He does not even acknowledge me and pulls off onto an exit... I think I hurt his feelings :D

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My next mod. I have been designing these for some time now and they are almost ready! This is the first pre-production part from a 3D printing service company called Shapeways. Let the testing begin!
IMG_1322.JPG

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
My next mod. I have been designing these for some time now and they are almost ready! This is the first pre-production part from a 3D printing service company called Shapeways. Let the testing begin!
Can't wait to see!! :ford::ford::ford:

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So I reworked the exhaust over the weekend! This setup is still very much a work in progress but I went back to the center suitcase resonator. I have dynomax mini race bullets installed where cats would normally be in front of the suitcase. For the axleback I currently have a muffler delete setup (It IS LOUD) which I am planning on changing to a muffler setup. I plan to take the 2 Magnaflow 10415's I have and install them this weekend. A video of the current setup is coming tonight!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
And here it is... Low RPM and idle sounds good. High rpm not so much... This consists of the stock mid section adapted to work with the LT headers. There are 2 dynomax mini bullets where the cats would be to help tame some of the rasp. The current axleback is a muffler delete with 3.5" tips. As you can hear, there is no rasp but it is just way to loud for me. The next revison (this weekend) will consist of adding two magnaflow 10415 mufflers to help tame the volume some.

**Use Headphones**

[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Got my magnaflow mufflers installed today! The car sounds perfect to me now! Just the right amount of volume and aggressiveness. The bonus is that it retains the 15's unique exhaust note!

[ame]

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Myford touch screen on the way! Will be swapping this into my car. Going over the wiring diagrams there are a total of 6 wires that need to swapped in the sync module connector to get it working!

(credit goes to aggieStang for figuring this out)

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Been awhile since I updated this thread! The Myford touch install is done and now I am on to the PP style Aux gauges!!

PS: Yes that is a GT350 panel with gauges that I ordered!
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 9.25.58 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 9.26.05 PM.jpg