zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So how will the BBK long headers affect the sound vs the shorty headers?

To me the the shorty headers and the roush is the best, but anything with the resonator left in still sounds great.
Long tubes usually make the V6 sound a bit more raspy. That being said, with the new resonator I am curious to hear how it sounds! It could give it an even more unique sound. I don't think long tubes should be combined with roush exhaust though. Shorty headers for the roush exhaust.
Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
So how will the BBK long headers affect the sound vs the shorty headers?

To me the the shorty headers and the roush is the best, but anything with the resonator left in still sounds great.
I don't know if you'll be able to run longtubes with the resonator as most longtubes need to be paired with the manufacturer's x or h pipe. You would have to ask bbk.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You should try to do a drive away video and some videos of you flooring it. So we can see how loud it gets. Appreciate you posting the videos.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
You should try to do a drive away video and some videos of you flooring it. So we can see how loud it gets. Appreciate you posting the videos.
Absolutely! I wasn't sure until this morning how the videos actually sounded, but now that I know they are at least decent, I'll take drive away, drive past, and interior vids. Weather here is crappy, then I'm heading out of town to a wedding Wednesday, so not sure when it will be.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I don't know about those mufflers, they almost make the car sound exactly like the eco-boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
DRONE

I just drove 10 hours to Virginia, and good grief do these things drone like mad on the highway! I couldn't even hear semi's when I was passing them. My ears are still ringing. The car is not drivable with these things on it, but I still have the 10 hour drive home to look forward to on Monday. :headbonk:

I'll be contacting Flowmaster, because this is not a "mild increase in interior noise" like they advertised. Not sure if they will do anything, or if there is anything I can do to fix the drone. I may just be asking someone to pass the salt for the $400 loss I'm eating...:( Glad I at least saved the old ones.

And oh yeah - I lost about 3 mpg on the highway from my last trip up. At Christmas I got 28 mpg at 80 mph, this time I got 25 mpg, but kept it at 77 just trying to keep the drone down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I just drove 10 hours to Virginia, and good grief do these things drone like mad on the highway! I couldn't even hear semi's when I was passing them. My ears are still ringing. The car is not drivable with these things on it, but I still have the 10 hour drive home to look forward to on Monday. :headbonk:

I'll be contacting Flowmaster, because this is not a "mild increase in interior noise" like they advertised. Not sure if they will do anything, or if there is anything I can do to fix the drone. I may just be asking someone to pass the salt for the $400 loss I'm eating...:( Glad I at least saved the old ones.

And oh yeah - I lost about 3 mpg on the highway from my last trip up. At Christmas I got 28 mpg at 80 mph, this time I got 25 mpg, but kept it at 77 just trying to keep the drone down.
Check out my thread for how I fixed a drone issue with my exhaust. What is the specific RPM at which you have the most drone?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12607

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Rpm ranges from about 1800 to 2500 where it's bad. Below that, they sound great. And I did see your post. But I think this is a 3" pipe - it flares up right after the clamp. Not sure how to figure out the dimensions. Gonna wait to hear from Flowmaster first - waiting for their email for registration to I can submit a ticket online - I could call them but I want stuff in writing so I can post it here....

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Rpm ranges from about 1800 to 2500 where it's bad. Below that, they sound great. And I did see your post. But I think this is a 3" pipe - it flares up right after the clamp. Not sure how to figure out the dimensions. Gonna wait to hear from Flowmaster first - waiting for their email for registration to I can submit a ticket online - I could call them but I want stuff in writing so I can post it here....
At most they will go up to 2.5". You can use 2" for the j-pipe. Next time you drive it try to find a specific rpm (example: 2100 rpm) at which the sound is the loudest. It looks like you would need around 31-33" of tubing to eliminate the drone but to be precise you need the exact rpm. If you are interested after you talk to flowmaster pm me and I will walk you through the calculations.

Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Again, i don't wanna be THAT GUY, but... I told you so. :(. Flowmasters= ridiculous drone.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Haha! Yup, you did, but they were already on the way by then. And someone had to be the lab rat.
UJ,
And is the rest of your exhaust stock? Still have the resonator, OEM exh. manifold and Cats., right?

maximized98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Convertible
Those of you with the 11365 Magnaflows, how is the sound while cruising highway speeds?