Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not much has been said on this topic for a while now. Today i was told Roush was hired to test the new Gt500 and it will be supercharged pushing close to 800hp with a 5.2L cpc engine.

All in all i think we all know it could be something very special.

:ford:

Roush do a lot of engine development from Ford, so it should be no surprise to hear they'll be involved in the GT500 (or whatever it may be called), but it's still good to hear.

I'll "settle" for 750hp and an all round brilliant performer on the 1/4 mile and race track. Even Dodge are saying the Demon will be straight line only :)
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not much has been said on this topic for a while now. Today i was told Roush was hired to test the new Gt500 and it will be supercharged pushing close to 800hp with a 5.2L cpc engine.

All in all i think we all know it could be something very special.

:ford:
Roush is involved in almost all of Ford's specialty vehicles, if not all of them.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Roush do a lot of engine development from Ford, so it should be no surprise to hear they'll be involved in the GT500 (or whatever it may be called), but it's still good to hear.

I'll "settle" for 750hp and an all round brilliant performer on the 1/4 mile and race track. Even Dodge are saying the Demon will be straight line only :)
Its said that the ADR will not be 4WD. RS even says this on HC.org. doesn't make much sense, in those pics they have 315s on all 4s.

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Its said that the ADR will not be 4WD. RS even says this on HC.org. doesn't make much sense, in those pics they have 315s on all 4s.
The ADR/Demon is absolutely not AWD. The swaybar routing and front brake location show it is the same suspension as the regular Challenger, and not the AWD front-end found on the Challenger GT/Charger AWD.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
What is this fascination with AWD?!?!
Because you can drive your Mustang year round? Because it can launch better??

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
What is this fascination with AWD?!?!
Because you can drive your Mustang year round? Because it can launch better??
If someone is talking about AWD in the context of high horsepower cars it's about launches. The reason a Tesla Model S has such crazy 0-60 times is the AWD traction. GT-R's and Porsche Turbos are also AWD and launch brutally hard.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If someone is talking about AWD in the context of high horsepower cars it's about launches. The reason a Tesla Model S has such crazy 0-60 times is the AWD traction. GT-R's and Porsche Turbos are also AWD and launch brutally hard.
I know, I was just being facetious. :D

I don't ever want an AWD Mustang. Yeah,...it'll be great for people that cannot afford a second car and want to drive it all year long in inclement weather, but I'm old school and love the RWD version. Old school I guess.
Just my opinion/feeling on the AWD discussion.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
... The reason a Tesla Model S has such crazy 0-60 times is the AWD traction ...
Actually, it's the incredible amount of torque supplied by the electric motor (687 lb-ft).

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Actually, it's the incredible amount of torque supplied by the electric motor (687 lb-ft).
Its actually both working together, and on the torque from the electric motors its not only how much but the fact that it hits peak torque almost instantly, doesn't need to build up RPM's to get there.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know, I was just being facetious. :D

I don't ever want an AWD Mustang. Yeah,...it'll be great for people that cannot afford a second car and want to drive it all year long in inclement weather, but I'm old school and love the RWD version. Old school I guess.
Just my opinion/feeling on the AWD discussion.
Once you get above ~500 hp, AWD is not about getting around in the snow. At least it isn't for me. It's about better launches, especially when ambient temperatures are below 80 degrees.

That's most of the year around here.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Its actually both working together, and on the torque from the electric motors its not only how much but the fact that it hits peak torque almost instantly, doesn't need to build up RPM's to get there.
While you're correct that electric motors proved near instantaneous peak torque, I'm pretty sure that 687 lb-ft of torque supplied by THE single motor found in the Tesla Model S will get any car to 60 mph in less than four seconds regardless of whether it's two wheels or four wheels propelling the car.

The top dog Mustang does not need the understeer inducing and additional weight of AWD.
Sponsored