Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Updated 12/22/2014:

Well, after going through some extensive testing, we are happy to announce our blow-off valve adapter for the 2015+ Mustang EcoBoost!

MSRP: $65.00

Link to purchase

This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the mounting bracket on the charge piping, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors.

Installation is simple (car does not need to be raised) and all mounting hardware is included.

[ame]

16086219761_a4f7a7f2f5_c.jpg

Installation guides can be found below:

16057210986_47d3982c67_c.jpg

The following link is a more detailed installation guide: Installation Manual

Original post:

We've got something fun coming soon :D

16052166132_b2cc97cbf6_c.jpg

15865602200_cd1cf43a31_c.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So being my first Turbo (having had V8's prior), can you explain to me the benefits? Others have been vague (or didn't know.) If there are real-world discernible benefits, I could be interested.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Does this let you use an aftermarket BOV or what? Not sure I get what's going on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
So being my first Turbo (having had V8's prior), can you explain to me the benefits? Others have been vague (or didn't know.) If there are real-world discernible benefits, I could be interested.
This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the mounting bracket on the charge piping, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors.

Does this let you use an aftermarket BOV or what? Not sure I get what's going on.
This piece acts as a spacer between your charge piping and the factory BPV. It acts as its own blowoff valve and there is no need for any additional pieces.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
basically it sounds cool to many... :)

beers

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Okay. That's what I figured was going on. Price and availability?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
basically it sounds cool to many... :)

beers
Sounds cool and also provides a solution to a problem that all EcoBoost engines suffer from (oil in the intake).

Since air is being vented to atmosphere (VTA) it also helps preventing oil from being thrown back into your intake.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Sounds cool and also provides a solution to a problem that all EcoBoost engines suffer from (oil in the intake).

Since air is being vented to atmosphere (VTA) it also helps preventing oil from being thrown back into your intake.
If it has tangible benefits (performance or otherwise) besides just "sounding cool" I could very well be interested.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Ill be interested in this. Is the blow off valve adjustable?

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Expect pricing to be $65.00.

Availability will be very soon! (a week or less)

Nice!! Can I come by the shop and buy on in person? Plans for any other parts?

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
A bov placed pre intercooler allows the heated air to escape the system upon shifting or deceleration instead of being ingested and recompressed into even hotter air. IE. The cooler the charge air, whether it comes from a better intake, better intercooler or blowing off the hot charge vs ingesting it is beneficial.:cheers:

Robfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP - Manual
Having recently visited Boomba's facility, I want you guys to know that they are a great bunch of guys with a lot of sweet equipment and expertise to match.

They build all their parts in house and it was pretty sweet having these guys measuring with micrometers this adapter to make sure every possible tolerance is accounted for, before putting this adapter on my car. I couldn't be happier with their service and their products.

Looking forward to the next batch of items they produce.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.