Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
Ship has been assigned and I have a due date in Zebrugge of 3rd October :-)
Sponsored

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang 2.3L EB Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on the 9th of this month.

Dealer informed me today, still no movement of the vehicle :(

Was hoping it would be on the boat by now or at least have a ship assigned.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Ordered on the 9th of this month.

Dealer informed me today, still no movement of the vehicle :(

Was hoping it would be on the boat by now or at least have a ship assigned.
Have you got a vehicle identified? There’s plenty of stock in the UK.

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you got a vehicle identified? There’s plenty of stock in the UK.
Was told the vehicle I've ordered was sitting in Baltimore VHC.
Deposit is down so it is contracted to me, so I guess I have to wait.

Reading the notes on Page 1. Can iI still contact Ford direct for the VIN etc?

Just a bit miffed it hasnt moved in 3 weeks :(

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Was told the vehicle I've ordered was sitting in Baltimore VHC.
Deposit is down so it is contracted to me, so I guess I have to wait.

Reading the notes on Page 1. Can iI still contact Ford direct for the VIN etc?

Just a bit miffed it hasnt moved in 3 weeks :(
Definitely contact Karen & Stacey with whatever info you have. The dealer should have the VIN to be honest but many dealers are clueless. When you have the VIN you can track it on a ship. Dealer systems can be well behind.

Sponsored

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmmm despite being told it had been assigned a ship and now tracking that Ship from Baltimore to where it's currently going (New York) I am still getting nothing recognised when I put the VIN into the Track and Trace website. Any ideas anyone?

From the initial post I thought it would be showing on there as soon as a ship was assigned so does that mean it's not on that ship?

Have emailed Karen but no response as of yet. Am I stalking the wrong ship? ;-)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hmmmmm despite being told it had been assigned a ship and now tracking that Ship from Baltimore to where it's currently going (New York) I am still getting nothing recognised when I put the VIN into the Track and Trace website. Any ideas anyone?

From the initial post I thought it would be showing on there as soon as a ship was assigned so does that mean it's not on that ship?

Have emailed Karen but no response as of yet. Am I stalking the wrong ship? ;-)
Should come up on the track & trace website, have you tried the vin in all the boxes? I remember it had to be in the right box to show up. IIRC it doesnt work in the cargo id box but does in the customer id box (or the other way round)

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should come up on the track & trace website, have you tried the vin in all the boxes? I remember it had to be in the right box to show up. IIRC it doesnt work in the cargo id box but does in the customer id box (or the other way round)
Tried that mate - no joy at all - just says "No record found"

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a full vin or partial vin? Sometimes you get givne a partial vin without the first set of identifying numbers. If you need a hand ping me over what you have, and the spec i'll try decode it all.

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is concerning is I took out the last 2 numbers and replaced it with a % for a wild card search and it shows what are presumably Mustangs all arrived in Zeebrugge (all the same VINs just different last 2 digits) - no sign at all of mine anywhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What is concerning is I took out the last 2 numbers and replaced it with a % for a wild card search and it shows what are presumably Mustangs all arrived in Zeebrugge (all the same VINs just different last 2 digits) - no sign at all of mine anywhere.
Just responded to your PM about it matey., could have been in the airbag recall.. :/

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Airbag Recall ?

The reason I ask is I'm 3 weeks with no movement too.

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just responded to your PM about it matey., could have been in the airbag recall.. :/
Thanks mate - emailed you back.

This is turning out to be a nightmare...

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbag Recall ?

Mine was built 21st July - and over two months later I still have no idea where it is. Lost in Baltimore somewhere.

A number of cars built around the same time had airbag problems with them potentially exploding so I had assumed this had led to some of the delay in it leaving the factory but now it has completely disappeared and doesn't appear to be on the ship.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Airbag Recall ?

Were you built in july?

There has been an issue with Takata Airbags on the 2017 produced mustangs, a faulty batch of 650 vehicles or so... see here:

"UPDATE 8/31/2017, 10:00 a.m.: Ford is recalling 650 brand-new vehicles in the United States that have defective airbags, although there is a critical difference from the general recall population of Takata inflators. Certain 2017 Ford Mustang and F-150 models have complete airbag modules built by Takata, while the faulty inflators inside the modules are made by ARC Automotive, a Tier 2 supplier in Knoxville, Tennessee. The passenger-side frontal airbags are affected. Takata notified Ford after it tested the airbags and found an “abnormal deployment,” Ford said. Since July 2015, NHTSA has been investigating ARC Automotive for defective airbag inflators after two ruptured in older-model Chrysler and Kia models not under the Takata recall. NHTSA currently estimates that up to eight million inflators may be defective in Chrysler, GM, Kia, and Hyundai models in the United States"

More info

"Vehicles Affected: Approximately 650 model-year 2017 Ford F-150 pickup trucks and Mustang sports coupes, all manufactured between July 20 and Aug. 1, 2017, at the automaker's Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri and Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan
The Problem: The front passenger airbag inflator may rupture in a crash necessitating airbag deployment, spewing metal fragments into the cabin and striking vehicle occupants, potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Ford said it was notified by Japan's Takata Corp. - the manufacturer at the center of the massive ongoing recall involving airbag inflators that rupture and spray shrapnel into the vehicle cabin - that passenger airbag inflators manufactured by ARC Automotive Inc. and used in airbags supplied by Takata showed "abnormal deployment" during testing at Takata's engineering facility. Ford said it is not aware of any accidents or injuries associated with the ARC-manufactured inflators and its vehicles.
The Fix: Dealers will replace the passenger airbag modules for free.
What Owners Should Do: Ford did not immediately announce an owner-notification schedule. Owners can call the automaker at 866-436-7332, or go to www.safercar.gov to check their vehicle identification number and learn more."
Sponsored