What to use for sealant/wax/etc.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Noted Thanks for all the tips. As you can see I'm completely uneducated in exterior upkeep so this helps.
No problem man. Anything else feel free to ask. I work full time but also detail full time on the weekends. Usually 4 cars a weekend which include full paint correction and what not
Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
In my experience claying before application won't really affect the life of your wax all that much. However, I still do it as it does help to remove stubborn deposits that washing alone doesn't get.

I have an eagle one clay mitt that works well (very quick), but isn't as effective as actual clay.

I use Meguiars ultimate liquid wax (really a sealant) in the spring and fall and have had great luck with it lasting through the seasons.

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
Everything Drek8 says is true.. My take a white car needs to be clean #1 I like Duragloss 501 Marine/RV don't be scared by the name great cleaner and synthetic protection you could stop there and your car would be done.. #2 Want more a great finish is 90% polish 10% protection Hard to beat Meguairs ultimate polish. Dual action buffer Harbor Freight is fine or Griots Garage 6 backing plates.. pads on and on hundreds of dollars. let autogeek forum autopia forum be your guide far too much great information. White paint shows less flaws but it needs clean and shine.. #3 Finish Kare 1000p synthetic for ultimate protection. White does not need carnauba wax glow. Do at least #1 and #3 you will be amazed
Sponsored